• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Checking In With You Guys + A New Syn Guitar!

J

Jak Angelescu

Hey everyone! I know it’s been weeks since I’ve posted but to say the least, I had a lot going on in my life and it was time to let some things go. My new job has kept me fairly busy and to say the least, it’s definitely for the better. My life started to get so busy with helping my singer rehab her shoulder and working two jobs. I started to become so overwhelmed with things in my life that my main outlet of happiness just became another chore and playing guitar lost its charm.
My singer asked me, “Well, if you could go into your jam room RIGHT now and play ANYTHING you wanted to, what would it be?” I quickly responded “City of Nights” (an original that I struggle with). She said, “Then go in there and play it until you’re satisfied.” It lead to four hours of practicing, happy discoveries, and productive playing. I thought schedules were my thing. They’re not. I can’t only play something for an hour if I’m feeling it. Hell, after lessons 23-27 it takes me an hour just to get in the groove of really FEELING the lessons and using them. I quit one of my jobs. It was really bringing me down. I rediscovered myself (again) and guitar is funner than ever.
Other than that, I have MUCH to catch up on tomorrow with you guys! New album endeavors, new song progress, and so many students learning so many things! Congratulations to you all! Any milestones you want to share?
Oh, and about that “Black Moon” guitar. Hands down (the pants) the sexiest guitar I think I’ve ever seen. I really like it much more than any of Syn’s other designs. It said in the email “You’ll be a part of an exclusive family.” Well, I feel like I already am 🙂 Anyone plan on buying it? Have you bought it yet? What do you think about the specs?

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
If you scroll far enough back jak you’ll find one of mine;)
The guitar half sold out already or more. I dont think anyone got it here or if they did they havent spoke up yet! I wish I had the money. But thatd be close to 4k cdn. And work is too slow right now. So slow it’s got me playing more. (And currently through that cut I got on Monday-_-).
I appreciate how you push through a lot in your life. I wont say much here but just that you always come back stronger then ever. I know everyone here misses your efforts around here. We need more people to help pick up the slack. Kudos to the ones who have helped over the last few weeks.

This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  Calvin Phillips.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Glad Holly kicked you in the ass. I love nights like that when I feel like I could play all night!
    PRO TIP: If you’re a band trying to lure a pretty hot guitar player into your band, don’t sit around sucking on a bong every minute you’re not auditioning the guy! No, sorry, I will NOT be coming back next week!

Always good to hear from you Jak! I hope Holly is doing better.
    I know the feeling, sometimes after a day’s work I’m so exhausted and the last thing I want to think about is practicing. For that reason I’ve started to practice in the mornings, before the day gets going and I get tired.
    As far as milestones to share, just got new monitors for my home studio! I’m so excited! I’m gonna rearrange my whole space in the next week and mix away before the summer!! 😀

Synner Endless Summer Collection