• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Chord game

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I figured we could do a little chord game. You can name a specific chord or a chord progression and how it makes you feel. No lyrics, just playing the chord progression by itself.

Chord (progression) that makes me happy: Something by The Beatles(just the chord progression alone is enough for me to cheer up)

Chord (progression) that makes me sad: anything in Dm and particularly Dm itself. That's just a sad key to my ear 😅

Chord (progression) that makes me uncomfortable: dim7 chords(arpeggios and half diminished chords are fine but fill dim7 chords just have too much tension harmonically)

Chord (progression) that makes me feel relaxed: slowly played(reggae style) major chords but particularly C and G major.

Chord (progression) I'm always drawn to: Hotel California, the fact it's in Bm and uses natural minor, harmonic minor and Dorian just entices me

Chord (progression) that I love but don't use enough: 6/9 and 11th chords

Chord (progressions) that are your best friend: anything I-IV-V, ii-V-I or I-V-VI-IV (I actually like using it in choruses a lot of the time 🤣🤣)

Chord (progression) you're fascinated by: what goes over the outro solo in Roman sky 😱

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    This is such a good game 😍

Chord prog that makes me Happy:
    The i VI III V7 or vi IV I V7/vi (However you want to name it) in St James 🤟

Chord prog that makes me sad/emotional:
    vi V IV in any song where each chord gets one beat - I just think it's beautiful when it happens - A good A7X example is in Tension is about 4 or 5 bars before the solo ends, so good 🤟

Chord prog that makes me uncomfortable:
    Not quite sure about this one but the B7 to Bbmin6 in the Jazz tune Night in Tunisia has a pretty weird vibe to it.

Chord prog that makes me feel relaxed:
    Imaj9 to iv min9 and back to I maj9

Chord prog that is my best friend:
    I seem to always want to hear I to V in all of my bands tunes, so that is my simple go to 👌

Chord prog that I'm fascinated by:
    Complete cop out answer but probably anything by Jacob Collier 😂

Reactions: idssdi