• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Chord modulations

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Watched Rick beatos top 10 rock songs on spotify. He got to waiting on a war. I knew the song already. But he gets to the chorus. The look.on his face said it all. He stopped and figured the progression out. And said. Why doesn't more people do that? He's talking about a chord modulation. I had to look it up. It's basically changing keys using a relative chord.

Can you think of more songs that use this example? I know ids is gonna list 4939393 Beatles songs lok. But im just curious. I'm starting to hear progression differences when I watch these videos with Rick its the 1 chord I can't always recognize. It's crazy how he figured it out on the spot.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Why georgia, layla and penny lane have some modulations in them.

They are pretty nice and for example in Penny lane the verse is in B and ends on IV chord which functions as a V chord to lead into the chorus which is in A. Modulations really are a nice way to keep attention.