• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

CJ's 2 Cents Version 2.0.....but.....

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
Rockstar Student
Nov 11, 2019
Spain
Whaddup folks CJ here!

I just wanted to let you know several things regarding my 2 Cents videos here on the site.

The videos I make are 100% only for the site, and with them I try to enrich the lessons that are here with my own "roadtested" methods. Sadly I am just a beginner in many aspects and I can be wrong, like we all can be.

The first videos that I made were very naive in my aproach I must admit. And even further down the line.

There are 2 particular videos that I made, that I take issues with:

You may ask yourself what's wrong with them, but as their creator I know exacly what it is.

The advice is not as good as it could be.

For instance, the fretboad knowledge video, which took me a long time to edit and prepare for, is not very good.
Do I know the fretboard according to this method? YES....But...I don't know it as good as I thought I would.

Particularly during and after my lessons with Bill Hudson, I was aware of how little I actually know the fretboard, Yes I know the chunks, but if I had to recall an F#, then it would take me a minute. It's not a reflex like location on the fretboard, which is actual fretboard knowledge.

Here is the thing people.......It was foolish of me to attemp to learn something with shortcuts....when in guitar shortcuts only lead to painful habbit fixery...I know.

Because of this I will take a different approach to my next 2 Cents videos.

Before I can actually make a video, I want to be 100% sure that the advice will actually help. I cannot, or rather my conscience, allow a spread of bad hacks, tips or tricks.

You gotta practice what you preach, talk the talk and walk the walk.

I know these are just silly videos that I make, but I genuinly want to help out. Keeping it fun and informative is key for me, but it really has to be informative.

Which brings me to my next point.....the breaks in between videos will become longer. I'm sorry to say that it takes me a while to roadtest and develop that best way to transmit that knowledge to you.

In the meantime I can still make videos,but on more basic things, for instance how to make a barré chord and what not. But more intermediate stuff, with which I am struggling too...will take quite some time...as I am learning by doing and then learning to transmit in the best way possible.

Before you can run....you really need to learn how to walk....no shortcuts.

Having said that. To all my fellow beginners and eternal students. What do you need help with in the beginner section? Write me suggestions in the comments or DM me either her or on instagram.

I wanna help you out in the best way that I can and for that I need to actually know what to give my 2 Cents on!

Not that I consider myself a teacher...but I do consider mysefl I fellow classmate, and If my advice makes you fail an exam....it does sting...

To quote one of my alltime favourite quotes:

"If you going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start." By Charles Bukowsli

Anyhow....enough ramble.....I gotta go back to practice PLANETS.....(will the eternal struggle even end?)....

Last edited: