• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Collab List (Speak now or forever hold your peace)

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I wonder if we shouldn't have some people considered "advanced" already. I think some students could fit into this category. Like @Ids Schiere or Ed. At least from what gets covered in the Advanced section of the lessons. Would be cool to showcase a broader variety of levels.
And anyway, how long do you intend to stay "intermediate" @Ed Seith ??
I think it all depends on when someone is considered advanced. For example, I can shred a little bit when I have to but when I improv or write a solo I'm generally not that into it so I wouldn't be advanced. If it's melody/feel and picking the right notes I may be advanced but generally not sure about it.

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    I think it all depends on when someone is considered advanced. For example, I can shred a little bit when I have to but when I improv or write a solo I'm generally not that into it so I wouldn't be advanced. If it's melody/feel and picking the right notes I may be advanced but generally not sure about it.
    But I'd say you are familiar with what's covered in the Advanced lessons and can use it if you want. You definetly know your theory and can shred if you decide to. That's what makes an advanced player to me. Not a master, but advanced.

But how I said, just a suggestion cause it might look more fancy :D

Reactions: AGA and idssdi

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    I'll play anything, or multiple things, as long as it's not sweeps or tapping.
    I wonder if we shouldn't have some people considered "advanced" already. I think some students could fit into this category. Like @Ids Schiere or Ed. At least from what gets covered in the Advanced section of the lessons. Would be cool to showcase a broader variety of levels.
    And anyway, how long do you intend to stay "intermediate" @Ed Seith ??

Honestly man? Syn himself said he just hit intermediate. My theory knowledge is definitely in that category. But putting it together I wouldnt say I'm higher then I already was. That's why I said I'm still moving out of beginner stage. But I love seeing everyone feeling confident in their abilities.

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Honestly man? Syn himself said he just hit intermediate. My theory knowledge is definitely in that category. But putting it together I wouldnt say I'm higher then I already was. That's why I said I'm still moving out of beginner stage. But I love seeing everyone feeling confident in their abilities.
    It depends how you set up the categories. Syn says overall he's just hit immediate but I am certain he knows all about what's taught in the lessons here. Also he's being humble. Or would you tell me if Syn was to participate in this you would put him in the intermediate section? :p

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    It depends how you set up the categories. Syn says overall he's just hit immediate but I am certain he knows all about what's taught in the lessons here. Also he's being humble. Or would you tell me if Syn was to participate in this you would put him in the intermediate section? :p

Syn would be the very last guy in the video. Him and pg would be doing a duet together ;).

If you're going off just theory knowledge like I said in my 2nd post I agree with you to rank it on videos. If that's the case I'd definitely move myself up to intermediate. I'd tried some advanced stuff but I havent really mixed it all together yet.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Kim

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Ok, im in for this. Its exiting, cause i almost never show my guitar play to someone. But i see so more 'shy' beginners anticipating, so im in for it too!

Im from Holland
    Rhythm rock/metal
    or (really) easy lead guitar (solo/fingerstyle) rock/metal
    Beginner

Last edited:
    Reactions: AGA and idssdi
    I agree 100% with you Dominik!
    @Ed Seith is greatly underrating himself, he is a much better player than he realizes.
    @Ids Schiere is also one of our best. I don't necessarily think being a shredder puts you in the advances category, BB King would often play ONE NOTE! But he did it with such soul and musicality and that is what separates a good player from a great one.
    Also, yeah, Syn is totally being humble here.