• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Collab! Rhythm Assessment

Hi everyone!
It's time to find a placement for all the rhythm players! Thank you for waiting so patiently for your turn!

Same as with the lead players, please record a video of yourself playing the verse and/or chorus of the backing track, depending of where your strengths are or where you'd like to play. (Tabs and videos below)
The Deadline for Rhythm Videos is Sunday, May 31st, 2020. At midnight.

Please, out of respect to everyone who's been working so hard on this project, DO NOT MISS THE DEADLINE. If for ANY REASON, you are unable to meet this deadline on time, please let me know BEFOREHAND. I can't help you if you don't let me know something's going on.

Please upload your videos to the Student Shred Collaboration category in the riffs and don't forget to tag me so I can check you off my list!

For the verse, @Ids Schiere created 4 different parts or layers. You can choose which one you'd like to learn and play on your video. *If you choose to play one of the verse parts, please indicate which one you are playing on your video either in the title or description, such as "Blues Rhythm 1", "Blues Rhythm 2" etc.

Here you can listen to the isolated guitar parts for the verse:

Here are the tabs Ids provided for the verse layers:

To find the corresponding video for the part you are learning on Soundslice, click on the control bar on the bottom of the page, where it says "5 Recordings" and choose the one you want to learn.
Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 3.26.16 PM.png

For the chorus, here is @Filip Tomiša playing that part, you can use his video to help you learn how to play it.

Here you can download the tabs for the chorus:

Good luck! Looking forward to hearing you play!

@Christian J.S. Schulze Aguiar @Ed Seith @Aileé Guerra Aréizaga

@Rute Rodrigues @Ids Schiere @Calvin Phillips @Dominik Graeber

@Jacques @Gabriel Perez @Jesse Salmons @Jackson Harsin @Filip Tomiša

@Alicia Willis @Adin Shepherd @Mariler Ferrer @carlosmqr @Kim La

@Steven Perrone @Sayonil Mitra @Alan Carter @Serge-Jean @Kfir Yaakovi

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 3.26.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 3.26.33 PM.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 124

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
After all the rythim players did their part..its the lead players turn again right?
After rhythm players I think it's time to actually get the collab going which means it's everybody's turn, like write/record your part(s) film it and put all of them together into one movie.

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Okay guys. I think I’m the only “beginner” here. And I’m having a hard time with this already lol. Like the video and tabs for the verse parts is awesome, however it seems like all I can hear is the other parts aside from what Ids is playing for each rhythm section and that’s really messing with me. I find I do better when I can hear clearly what I need to play. I hope I’m making sense here. Any advice? Or if you guys have seen my videos, any area you think I should try first ? I’d personally like to attempt all sections and then dwindle it down to what I think sounds best after practicing all of them and submit whichever section I think I did well in. I really want to give this my best effort.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Okay guys. I think I’m the only “beginner” here. And I’m having a hard time with this already lol. Like the video and tabs for the verse parts is awesome, however it seems like all I can hear is the other parts aside from what Ids is playing for each rhythm section and that’s really messing with me. I find I do better when I can hear clearly what I need to play. I hope I’m making sense here. Any advice? Or if you guys have seen my videos, any area you think I should try first ? I’d personally like to attempt all sections and then dwindle it down to what I think sounds best after practicing all of them and submit whichever section I think I did well in. I really want to give this my best effort.
    You can listen to the isolated parts from the Google drive link. Those are the ones that are tabbed out and for the backingtrack I took those out so you can basically replace me when you play along to them.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Alicia Willis

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    You can listen to the isolated parts from the Google drive link. Those are the ones that are tabbed out and for the backingtrack I took those out so you can basically replace me when you play along to them.
    They aren’t working for me. I’m going to delete the app and reinstall it and see if that works.

Kim

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Ailee, thanks for all the work you put into this, its much appreciated!
    I would really like to do my part. Is it ok if I do the chorus part (same as Filip is doing, nice to see an example and the switch between palm muted and normal playing is a nice practice for me) or do I need to do more parts/different parts. Sorry if its not totally clear for me..
    And Alicia youre not the only " beginner" here :)

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I would really like to do my part. Is it ok if I do the chorus part (same as Filip is doing, nice to see an example and the switch between palm muted and normal playing is a nice practice for me) or do I need to do more parts/different parts. Sorry if its not totally clear for me..
    You can pick one or do both whichever has your preference.

I would recommend that you choose one and try to polish it the best, if you try to learn all of them and pick the best you might not have enough time to really practice one in particular. Let me know if you still have issues with the Google link for the isolated parts and we can see how to fix that.

Thank you Kim! Credit is also due to @Filip Tomiša and @Ids Schiere , who have been working really hard alongside me to make this happen.

It is totally fine if you just do the chorus. We want people to do the part they feel most comfortable with.

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I would recommend that you choose one and try to polish it the best, if you try to learn all of them and pick the best you might not have enough time to really practice one in particular. Let me know if you still have issues with the Google link for the isolated parts and we can see how to fix that.
    The google links are working now. I’ve been working on the chorus already since the backing track was added and someone had added the chords.

I just wanted to check out the verse parts and see if I could even do some of the chords....which I cannot lmao. So I won’t even be attempting any of those unfortunately.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    The google links are working now. I’ve been working on the chorus already since the backing track was added and someone had added the chords.

I just wanted to check out the verse parts and see if I could even do some of the chords....which I cannot lmao. So I won’t even be attempting any of those unfortunately.
    Rhythm 4 is kind of finger twister tbh but I really liked those voicings a lot 😅

• Haha

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Rhythm 4 is kind of finger twister tbh but I really liked those voicings a lot 😅
    Hell yeah it is ! I saw the tabs, tried it and was like “wtf” then watched you and I was immediately like, nope...my fingers can’t do that ! 🤣
    You’re the man IDS ! My fingers are too fat and stubby

It does sound awesome though and I wish like hell I could do that!

• Haha
    Reactions: Kim and idssdi

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Hell yeah it is ! I saw the tabs, tried it and was like “wtf” then watched you and I was immediately like, nope...my fingers can’t do that ! 🤣
    You’re the man IDS ! My fingers are too fat and stubby

It does sound awesome though and I wish like hell I could do that!
    Naah, you'll be fine. If I can do it you can definitely learn how to do it (maybe for the audition is not the best time though)

No worries at all! Whichever you feel comfortable with is perfect! :)
    I'm glad the link is working now!

• Love

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    w
    No worries at all! Whichever you feel comfortable with is perfect! :)
    I'm glad the link is working now!
    thanks for checking in with me Ailee ! I think the issue was on my end. I had to delete my google drive app and reinstall it and then it worked fine.
    👍🏻
    (I’m not the most tech savvy person lol)

Reactions: AGA