• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Collab! Rhythm Assessment

Kim

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Thank you Kim! Credit is also due to @Filip Tomiša and @Ids Schiere , who have been working really hard alongside me to make this happen.

It is totally fine if you just do the chorus. We want people to do the part they feel most comfortable with.
Also thanks to Filip and Ids :)

Im practising chorus part. Two questions. I dont have anything to record it in good quality. I only have my mac microphone (build in). Im trying to get a cable for guitar to usb, but cant really find it online (yet). Is it ok if i record it in a video with in build microphone? Im afraid the sound is really bad, cause it always is when i record myself like that.
Does someone have tips for fast strumming part? When i hold the pick not in good position it sounds weird, having a difficulty with playing that fast palm muted, but its a nice practise for me :) Playing palm muted on my les Paul, i found it more difficult than my old guitar (Ibanez Gio), but i dont have the old guitar anymore. Especially palm muted this fast, so if anyone has advice, im open to it

carlosmqr

Campfire Attention Holder
Legend
  • Nov 17, 2019
    Portugal/Manchester UK
    www.instagram.com

Im practising chorus part. Two questions. I dont have anything to record it in good quality. I only have my mac microphone (build in). Im trying to get a cable for guitar to usb, but cant really find it online (yet). Is it ok if i record it in a video with in build microphone? Im afraid the sound is really bad, cause it always is when i record myself like that.
    Does someone have tips for fast strumming part? When i hold the pick not in good position it sounds weird, having a difficulty with playing that fast palm muted, but its a nice practise for me :) Playing palm muted on my les Paul, i found it more difficult than my old guitar (Ibanez Gio), but i dont have the old guitar anymore. Especially palm muted this fast, so if anyone has advice, im open to it

I find it more difficult to palm mute on my les paul too...try to move the muting hand up a bit, closer to the pick up and not so much on top op the bridge, it works better to me.
    I think that theres no problem to record with the mic now, just for the final video I think youll need more quality.

Reactions: Kim

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019

If you are looking for a cheap way to go direct to pc using USB and cables I suggest getting the interface. It'll probably be the same price as that adapter you're looking for. All you'll need it the cable into the interface and the printer usb cable for the pc. Only issue is you'll need the correct cable for the amp. Some are mix cables others are the guitar cables etc. Mine can do either. It was only 130 dollars or so.

Kim

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    If you are looking for a cheap way to go direct to pc using USB and cables I suggest getting the interface. It'll probably be the same price as that adapter you're looking for. All you'll need it the cable into the interface and the printer usb cable for the pc. Only issue is you'll need the correct cable for the amp. Some are mix cables others are the guitar cables etc. Mine can do either. It was only 130 dollars or so.
    Thanks, i will check that out. I have garage band software on computer, so was thinking about using that
    I have a printer usb cabine connected doen my boss katana amp to nu computer. So if i understand what u mean, that maybe is all i need?

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Thanks, i will check that out. I have garage band software on computer, so was thinking about using that
    I have a printer usb cabine connected doen my boss katana amp to nu computer. So if i understand what u mean, that maybe is all i need?
    GarageBand works fine, I think @Dominik Graeber records with a boss Katana but not sure there 😅

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Yeah, that'll be all you need! I record with by Katana plugged Into my PC too. Just use a recording program of your choice and you're good!

Kim

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    @Dominik Graeber @Calvin Phillips
    Thats so kind of you that you made a video especially for me :)
    It worked out, i managed to connect it to Garageband, so easy... lol and i was watching all the wrong youtube videos, i already had the good cable, just need to set audio input right.. :p So this week im gonna figure the software out and see what i can do with it, but already managed to record stuff, so it works, thanks a lot!