• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Coming here from JustinGuitar

anttofm

Free Bird Player
Dec 21, 2021
Hi, I'm new here. My name is Antto, and I started playing guitar around February of 2021. I was nearly finished with JustinGuitar's beginner course grade 3 (last one), but he's still in the middle of uploading videos for the modules which I don't see being done until around the beginning of next year. However, the more I listen to music that I like, the harder it gets to wait!

I believe I'm proficient enough to progress to the 'intermediate level' of guitar playing, but would I be ready to start the Synner course once it gets back up? I'm sure it's a different learning flow than I'm used to, but is there anyone else in my shoes? Any advice? Thanks in advance!

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Hey Antto! Welcome!

It's worth starting at lesson 1 in the beginner's section, just in case there's anything you missed over with Justin. Plus, you'll get better acquainted with Syn's dad, Papa Gates (@Brian Haner Sr.) Papa's got the most astounding pile of theory knowledge and other stuff tucked away in his melon, and he loves sharing it.

I'm sorry the videos are not working right now, but we hope to have them back soon. When we do, DIVE IN. In the meantime, get to know the forums, watch some student-shared content (we have everything from beginners to folks that belong on arena stages and everything in between), and just generally get to know the site and the community. It truly is one of a kind and kicks ass!

Welcome again!

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Welcome Antto! Don't worry, the lessons should be back up very soon as we are actively working on it! I'm very confident that our classes will serve you well but just know that if you ever need anything, there will always be someone in the forums ready to help!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

John Robinson

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Nashville tn.
    Hey Antto! Welcome!

It's worth starting at lesson 1 in the beginner's section, just in case there's anything you missed over with Justin. Plus, you'll get better acquainted with Syn's dad, Papa Gates (@Brian Haner Sr.) Papa's got the most astounding pile of theory knowledge and other stuff tucked away in his melon, and he loves sharing it.

I'm sorry the videos are not working right now, but we hope to have them back soon. When we do, DIVE IN. In the meantime, get to know the forums, watch some student-shared content (we have everything from beginners to folks that belong on arena stages and everything in between), and just generally get to know the site and the community. It truly is one of a kind and kicks ass!

Welcome again!
    i agree with you,people like syn,pappa gates and you make this site incredible,thank you all so much for what you do

Upvote 0