• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Compressor Settings

Marco Corrao

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I’ve read that a compressor is a key element of Syn’s lead tone. I’ve never used a compressor before - does anyone have any tips for how to set it up (threshold, ratio, attack, release) for his style of leads? I have a Fractal Axe FX III which has a ton of different compressor options. Would appreciate any tips!

Reactions: William B.

Apocalyptic Katana

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
www.instagram.com
cue funny compressor meme....

300px-Comp=mother.jpeg

since you use the ax3 , use the Type Pedal Compressor 1

Quote from fractal forum admin...

The PEDAL 1 type in the AX8 is comparable to the CS1/2/3.
The COMPression knob is equivalent to the SUSTAIN knob on the Boss pedal.
Release is not sustain. Leave it at the default setting.

When using this effect, I like to increase level before the compressor. One way to do this is to increase the output level of the noise gate on the input block.

As for settings reference from Ed's picture and copy onto the fractal, but I would suggest just using your ears and feel out what's best for you

you might not necessarily need the same compressor settings to sound like him because it's highly dependent on your playing style how much it compresses..... also got to account for the pickup type/output

Reactions: Ed Seith