• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Concerns about my Syn Custom S

Matt Wildcat

The Fierce Deity
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    I'll see if we can have another look at the knobs again on the board, just to be 100% sure. Unfortunately, it's hard to find a brand new model in store around here since there's not many places around that sell them here (plus lockdown is a pain right now). We might've just found someone who could possibly take a look at it though, so there might be hope!
    If the strings vibrate on their own that might be the sustainiac working, when the harmonic mode is on, mine does the same. I would say the sustainiac is working but then you might have a problem with the knobs...just weird it doesnt sustain when you play...
    Does yours start vibrating on all three settings? It does seem that there is life in the sustaniac, I just can't understand why it doesn't hold notes like it should. Currently it just plays like any old guitar.

carlosmqr

Campfire Attention Holder
    Legend
  • Nov 17, 2019
    Portugal/Manchester UK
    www.instagram.com
    I'll see if we can have another look at the knobs again on the board, just to be 100% sure. Unfortunately, it's hard to find a brand new model in store around here since there's not many places around that sell them here (plus lockdown is a pain right now). We might've just found someone who could possibly take a look at it though, so there might be hope!

Does yours start vibrating on all three settings? It does seem that there is life in the sustaniac, I just can't understand why it doesn't hold notes like it should. Currently it just plays like any old guitar.

Im not sure on all three settings and my battery is dying now so the sustainiac is barely working but Im sure it vibrates with harmonic setting and I think it does the same in the mix but not all the time, but I would say that the sustainiac is at least doing something, just really weird why it doesnt hold notes. Hope you find a solution for it might be an easy fix.

Math'

New Student
    Jan 3, 2023
    HI, I found this thread and I have exactly the same problem : the sustainiac is not working anymore, no matter the pickup height, battery, or settings. It worked nice before, but after a changing strings and cleaning Floyd Rose, it did not work since then...

I would add that only the neck pickup is working, the bridge remains silent, even with the pickup switch in bridge position, we only hear the neck pickup.

Did you have an answer about your problem ?

Synner Endless Summer Collection

carlosmqr

Campfire Attention Holder
    Legend
  • Nov 17, 2019
    Portugal/Manchester UK
    www.instagram.com
    HI, I found this thread and I have exactly the same problem : the sustainiac is not working anymore, no matter the pickup height, battery, or settings. It worked nice before, but after a changing strings and cleaning Floyd Rose, it did not work since then...

I would add that only the neck pickup is working, the bridge remains silent, even with the pickup switch in bridge position, we only hear the neck pickup.

Did you have an answer about your problem ?
    Try with a different guitar/amp cable, happened to me before, sustainiac would work with one but not with the other!