• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Concert Advice

Iris

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Oct 14, 2020
    Everett, Washington
    I hope this link works as I couldn't find any other way to insert this image. I'm planning on seeing Aveneged for the first time in October but I need help deciding what seats to get. The link is a screenshot of the seating chart, so please look at it and tell me what seats would be best. The purple areas, mainly floor seats, are not within my budget range unfortunately.
    https://ibb.co/5L6p1Ss

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    If you want to be closest to the band, 102 or 120 (side with 120 is Syn side, 102, Zacky side)

If you still want to be able to see backdrops and fire and some of the stage show, but want to be close, that's going to be your 103/104 and 118/119.

If you want to be as close to looking "straight on" at the stage and don't care if you're that close because giant fucking screens, 109 or 113.

Personally, when I can't be on the floor, I would go for 119. YMMV.

Iris

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Oct 14, 2020
    Everett, Washington
    If you want to be closest to the band, 102 or 120 (side with 120 is Syn side, 102, Zacky side)

If you still want to be able to see backdrops and fire and some of the stage show, but want to be close, that's going to be your 103/104 and 118/119.

If you want to be as close to looking "straight on" at the stage and don't care if you're that close because giant fucking screens, 109 or 113.

Personally, when I can't be on the floor, I would go for 119. YMMV.
    Thanks for the insight. That analysis was great.

• Love
    Reactions: Ed Seith
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Andrew Chung

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    i can tell you where NOT to sit,in front of syns or zachys stack,they play LOUD!!!! 🤣🤣
    And this is why you buy musicians' earplugs like this Etymotic model. I've worn these to several shows, even eight hours of Punk in Drublic (my hearing was still messed up for a week after this one, but hey, it's eight hours of loud music so it could have been A LOT worse) and they are a lifesaver. For an average show, they're great. Take care of your hearing so you can enjoy more concerts, everyone <3

• Love
    Reactions: Ed Seith

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    And this is why you buy musicians' earplugs like this Etymotic model. I've worn these to several shows, even eight hours of Punk in Drublic (my hearing was still messed up for a week after this one, but hey, it's eight hours of loud music so it could have been A LOT worse) and they are a lifesaver. For an average show, they're great. Take care of your hearing so you can enjoy more concerts, everyone <3
    Can't love this enough. Between years of gigging and band rehearsals and literally HUNDREDS of concerts (probably over 1,000 if you include club shows), I have worn plugs at EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

And though I have a distinct knack for not hearing my wife when she yells for me, and I also have some difficulty picking individual sounds out in noisy environments, at almost 53 I still have the vast majority of my hearing. I can't imagine life without it.

I currently enjoy Eargasm plugs, but any non-foam plugs will give you a more complete audio spectrum (not muffled) with a significant decrease in volume.

Andrew Chung

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Can't love this enough. Between years of gigging and band rehearsals and literally HUNDREDS of concerts (probably over 1,000 if you include club shows), I have worn plugs at EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

And though I have a distinct knack for not hearing my wife when she yells for me, and I also have some difficulty picking individual sounds out in noisy environments, at almost 53 I still have the vast majority of my hearing. I can't imagine life without it.

I currently enjoy Eargasm plugs, but any non-foam plugs will give you a more complete audio spectrum (not muffled) with a significant decrease in volume.
    Damn, I can't imagine how brutal that would be without earpro. When I went to Punk in Drublic, one of my earplugs got torn out briefly while in the mosh pit (they're on a neck cord so I didn't lose it, thankfully). Even just for those ten seconds or so as I scrambled to get it back in, it was SO LOUD. I don't want to imagine having gone to that fest without earpro.