• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Costa Mesa Recording Studios, New Syn Amp & Pedal, Album timeline

Awex Came

Campfire Attention Holder
Legend
May 23, 2021
I tried making this a status but they can only have 800 characters, so here we are.

I just got back from a somewhat unexpected trip to Costa Mesa Recording Studios, where Avenged is currently recording their new album and where they recorded their last few. I got the chance to sit down with their engineer and owner of the studio, Nick Fainbarg, who gave me a tour of the studio and showed me all of the rooms and the gear. I got to see the current setup for A7X's new album recording, pretty much everything was set up in away where they could just walk into the studio and start going at it. Unfortunately, I would've needed clearance from A7X's management to take pictures to share with the students since there was a lot to keep on the down low.

I also got to play Syn's new SGS amplifier along with the new pedal coming out soon. Both are being used extensively on the new album. Needless to say, both are amazing. I got to see the probably final artwork/enclosure for the pedal, along with the name that I'm not sure has been revealed yet. I was told that it was NOT based off of the Hellwin, but is something of it's own. I also got to play a few of Syn's vintage Fender guitars and a Nash guitar. I saw all the heads and cabinets being used, along with the mics on each cabinet as well.

I was also told how far along they are with recording, which I'm sure I shouldn't mention. I'll just say that Matt's words about it being out by their Summer 2022 tour makes sense with where they're at currently.

Hopefully they don't stop telling me these things since I just post them on the school right away lol. I like to give the students some insider information as much as I can without giving away too much.

Awex Came

Legend
May 23, 2021
Man, you got to play the new amp? I haven't seen or heard anything since one of the prototypes from right before Christmas. Can't wait! Glad to hear ya got The Grand Tour - that's pretty goddamn awesome.
Yessir! There was 2 versions of it, one was like a split in half combo looking thing, and the other was kind of a head. I played the latter, which I *think* Nick said was a final. I could be wrong

Reactions: redlipsofdeceit

Awex Came

Legend
May 23, 2021
Eeek !!!! Super exciting ! I know my ass can’t afford the amp, but I’m super pumped about the pedal!!!! I’m so jelly Dude !
I think I remember hearing somewhere that there might be a USA version of the amp and an overseas version which will be cheaper. Can't confirm that at the moment, but I'm pretty sure I heard that. Maybe Ed posted it before?

Hopefully he gives an staff member discount lol

EDIT: Ed did post before that there's a USA and non USA version

• Love
Reactions: Alicia Willis
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    I think I remember hearing somewhere that there might be a USA version of the amp and an overseas version which will be cheaper. Can't confirm that at the moment, but I'm pretty sure I heard that. Maybe Ed posted it before?

Hopefully he gives an staff member discount lol

EDIT: Ed did post before that there's a USA and non USA version
    Yes ! I forgot all about that ! 🤦🏼‍♀️ Good lookin’ out man !

Reactions: Awex Came

Awex Came

Legend
    May 23, 2021
    Aaaaah!!! Like Alicia, probably can't afford the amp (and if it will only be sold from the USA, add to the price the extra fees too 😓), but I'm so waiting for that pedal!!!!!
    Anyways, so cool you got a tour of the studio and played with some of Syn's gear 😍
    I think the pedal will be enough for most of the students honestly, but Ed confirmed there is a non USA version of the amp that I'm sure will be more readily available to other countries and cheaper as well

Anna.VG

Mar 14, 2021
    Mexico
    www.instagram.com
    I tried making this a status but they can only have 800 characters, so here we are.

I just got back from a somewhat unexpected trip to Costa Mesa Recording Studios, where Avenged is currently recording their new album and where they recorded their last few. I got the chance to sit down with their engineer and owner of the studio, Nick Fainbarg, who gave me a tour of the studio and showed me all of the rooms and the gear. I got to see the current setup for A7X's new album recording, pretty much everything was set up in away where they could just walk into the studio and start going at it. Unfortunately, I would've needed clearance from A7X's management to take pictures to share with the students since there was a lot to keep on the down low.

I also got to play Syn's new SGS amplifier along with the new pedal coming out soon. Both are being used extensively on the new album. Needless to say, both are amazing. I got to see the probably final artwork/enclosure for the pedal, along with the name that I'm not sure has been revealed yet. I was told that it was NOT based off of the Hellwin, but is something of it's own. I also got to play a few of Syn's vintage Fender guitars and a Nash guitar. I saw all the heads and cabinets being used, along with the mics on each cabinet as well.

I was also told how far along they are with recording, which I'm sure I shouldn't mention. I'll just say that Matt's words about it being out by their Summer 2022 tour makes sense with where they're at currently.

Hopefully they don't stop telling me these things since I just post them on the school right away lol. I like to give the students some insider information as much as I can without giving away too much.
    Omg that's just amazing! I'm jealous right now😝

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Yessir! There was 2 versions of it, one was like a split in half combo looking thing, and the other was kind of a head. I played the latter, which I *think* Nick said was a final. I could be wrong
    My understanding was that it's a convertible, and the "head" you used would be the same as the top half of the split combo, though none of the pics I have show the sides, where the latches would be.

Awex Came

Legend
    May 23, 2021
    Oh, man, I am a little jealous of you, I must say 😅 so awesome that you had this opportunity! I can't wait to know more about those little details!
    I'm very grateful to have had this opportunity, and I was very excited to share what I could with everyone. All shall be revealed soon enough!

Awex Came

Legend
    May 23, 2021
    My understanding was that it's a convertible, and the "head" you used would be the same as the top half of the split combo, though none of the pics I have show the sides, where the latches would be.
    I guess I'm allowed to post this picture since the studio posted it. I remember them saying it was going to be a convertible combo as well, but there's a head looking thing on top in this picture, which is what I played. The bottom one is definitely a convertible version.

IMG-1667.jpg

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Never seen anything like the bottom one. The top one, the head, fits with the "convertible" pics Syn sent me, but again, that was 7 months ago. Maybe the underneath one is the more cost-effective overseas model? What are the 4 dials on the pedal, or is that verboten? That's a narrow pedal. Interesting.

Awex Came

Legend
    May 23, 2021
    Never seen anything like the bottom one. The top one, the head, fits with the "convertible" pics Syn sent me, but again, that was 7 months ago. Maybe the underneath one is the more cost-effective overseas model? What are the 4 dials on the pedal, or is that verboten? That's a narrow pedal. Interesting.
    I think the bottom was the prototype then. I could see that one detaching from a cab, but it doesnt look too practical overall. I don't remember the pedal controls aside from there being a noise gate as the bottom control. The rest are probably level, gain, and maybe tone. It would be nice to eventually see a modern "preamp" pedal with full EQ and all that. Also, that design is not the final look for the pedal

Awex Came

Legend
    May 23, 2021
    Well that's just a tease! You telling us how you seen everything and tested everything but literally can't tell us anything! :explode-skull:
    Awesome for you though! Can't wait. As Ed I am especially interested in News the amp and the pedal 👀
    lol I know I really wish I could say more. If I gave away too much, I wouldn't be told anything anymore. But there is little pieces of information in the post. Hopefully the amp and pedal will be released soon