• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Critique my playing? Do you like my original melody also?

Ben newton

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
www.instagram.com
Nothing wrong with finger position dude. Thumb is in a good place, and good overall movement from the wrist. And love the vibrato at about 23 seconds in!

To think critically, maybe think about the different types of vibrato you can get.Wide, short, slow, quick etc. Think stylistically as well. This is a nice slow beat, very mellow, with quite an aggressive vibrato over the top. Explore a more relaxed approach to vibrato. You have those wide vibratos down quite nicely, but maybe think about a slow vibrato.

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
London
www.youtube.com
Nothing wrong with finger position dude. Thumb is in a good place, and good overall movement from the wrist. And love the vibrato at about 23 seconds in!

To think critically, maybe think about the different types of vibrato you can get.Wide, short, slow, quick etc. Think stylistically as well. This is a nice slow beat, very mellow, with quite an aggressive vibrato over the top. Explore a more relaxed approach to vibrato. You have those wide vibratos down quite nicely, but maybe think about a slow vibrato.
Thanks for the advice, I'm going to try to implement a slower vibrato!

DrewJamz

Free Bird Player
Jun 13, 2020
Yeah, I like your overall solo, and it's ORIGINAL and tasteful. I agree the vibrato at around :23 was great. But at :26 I think you could have put some more vibrato on that note, or held on to it longer. That's probably just me with a note selection preference. I don't see anything wrong with your fingering. As long as you can get your sound and be comfy with your technique. Nice job.