• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Crybaby problems

Tonnie Van Dorland

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Netherlands
Upvote 0
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Sinisnuthear

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Under purgatory
www.soundcloud.com
Yes please
Could it be that its a malfunction?
No the crybaby wah is pretty standard. It’s definitely not a malfunction but it could be your computer plugs that is taking in the tone from your pedal board making the volume lower. Try plugging it in to an amp first. And then to match it use a clear plug on the computer to make sure it brings the same tone. You want the output of the wah to control the plugins or the tone from the amp and guitar not the other pedals.

Upvote 0

Tonnie Van Dorland

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Netherlands
No the crybaby wah is pretty standard. It’s definitely not a malfunction but it could be your computer plugs that is taking in the tone from your pedal board making the volume lower. Try plugging it in to an amp first. And then to match it use a clear plug on the computer to make sure it brings the same tone. You want the output of the wah to control the plugins or the tone from the amp and guitar not the other pedals.
Im visiting a friend somewhere next week so ill try the amp there
There should be no issues with a pedalboard because the crybaby is the only pedal i have

Upvote 0
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Tonnie Van Dorland

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Netherlands
Ok what kind of plug are you using to connect it to the computer. Because you do t just plug the guitar into the crybaby and then the output to the computer. That would require a battery pickup.
I connect my guitar to the crybaby, cry baby goes to my focusrite interface, then i use neural dsp vst plugins within ableton live

Upvote 0

Sinisnuthear

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Under purgatory
www.soundcloud.com
Yeah if you aren’t using a battery powered pickup like an acoustic you won’t get noise plugging it just into the guitar. The guitar to the interface is going out.

you need to plug the wah pedal into the interface using overdrive or a compressor or somehh to I get that will give it some backup.

look up pedals that overdrive wah pedals

Upvote 0