• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Daily Practice Schedule

Jamie London

GYNNER
Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    California
    synner.com
    Hey all!
    I thought it would be kind of cool if we all shared what our general daily practice schedule looked like! It may be a cool way for some folks to see what others do and take some inspiration and tweak their lay out accordingly! I work two jobs so my time is a tad more limited than I’d like BUT I always make sure to make time at least once a day, more recently I’ve been able to get two sessions in.
    Warm ups/ stretches/ scales 10-15 MIN
    Previous teaching/lesson/concept: 15-20 MIN
    New Lesson/teaching: concept: 45 MIN- 1 HR
    Practice songs (new, old, original, whatever) 10-25MIN

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I don’t have a daily practice schedule because I simply can’t manage to keep myself to it(or more importantly I don’t have the time). I usually just noodle which helps figuring out new Melody lines and working on vibrato amd stuff like that.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    For me the distraction isn’t really the problem. Trying to get an applied physics master degree is pretty time consuming(and it usually fries my brain). So I rather kind of try to practice getting the essentials right(vibrato, bending and more importantly Melody) so that’s what I do. I would honestly love to have the time to do the whole practice schedule but I so ply kinda don’t. I just pick up my guitar whenever I have the time and noodle or try to sing some songs while I play them(yes I do like to sing)

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I have about a 20 minute warmup and development routine I try to do at least 5-6 days a week, and after that it’s kinda freeform on days I have time, whether I play songs I know, jam improv over some stuff, learn a new song, or whatever.
    Warmup:
    ALTERNATE PICKING EXERCISE – 5 mins
    Descending outside picking, ascending inside picking, then
    Descending inside picking, ascending outside picking.
    (both picking each note 4 times on a 2 note per string pentatonic shape)
    FRET HAND WARMUP – 2 mins
    a pattern warmup I do trilling each finger in 8th notes, triplets, then 16th notes along to a metronome, so two notes per beat, then three, then four
    DOWNPICKING WARMUP – 3-5 mins
    Set the metronome and play through some Metallica riffs
    HIGH SPEED ALTERNATE PICKING EXERCISES – 8 minutes
    This is an exercise I got from Ben Higgins, who does a “bad ass …. ” lessons series. I’m using it to close the gap between imrov speed and pre-written lick speed. I’m woefully inadequate on the latter, and it’s all in my head. Hector gave me some tips on that, too, in his “controversial” video
    LEGATO EXERCISE – 3 mins
    I think I got this from one of Syn’s legato etudes
    SWEEPING EXERCISE – 3 mins
    This is from Lesson 79, I think. Right now, working on 3 string sweeps and will work my way up
    And that’s it. Some of them, if I have time, I will spend more time on. I usually go right from this to working on speeding up the “Wasted Years” solo I’ve been working on (I did a video on it) and then see what I feel like doing, on days I have time.

Adin Shepherd

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Melbourne, Australia
    I’m still developing a structured practice routine, focused primarily on improving technique. Much like Ed’s it will cover warm ups, alternate and tremolo picking, economy and sweep picking, legato and tapping.
    I am aiming for around an hour a day, 10 minutes on stretches and warm ups and 10 minutes per exercise.
    I just need to put together a second set of exercises so I can alternate every other day.
    I have also started working on music theory during my downtime at work and listening to podcasts on the commmute.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Jaylen Owens

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    WarmUp- Stretches,Scales 20 mins (not counting stretches)
    Picking-Downpicking,alternate picking,
    Legato- Noodling- however long i really fill like it.
    i try to practice 8 hours a day during the week with schools its difficult maybe like 4 hours but on the weekends 7 or 8 hours a time.