• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Dammit, Am I copying someone with this riff?

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
London
www.youtube.com

As soon as I hit the first chord I knew the somewhat chord melody but I'm thinking to myself could I have subconsciously have copied someone. Like my other song that I completed many said I copied red hot chili pepper in the intro but like I never listened to that song, I could see the resemblance hopefully this one is more original.

Andrew Fernandes

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
London
www.youtube.com
Don’t think you copied anyone. The first few notes though are spot on to “kryptonite” by three doors down but it’s not the the entire progression. I’m assuming that’s what you heard too.
I think I must be thinking about a progression that is a lot faster. Like one of those top 100 riff songs.

Reactions: Alicia Willis
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    w

yes ! This ! Like how “Afterlife” and “Glycerine” have the same exact chords but they’re Not the same.
    And BOTH of those fuckers stole that shit from the chorus of the first song I ever wrote, AND I WROTE IT BEFORE THEM. Fuckin thieves. Where's my royalties, bitches?

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    There's only 7 notes in "Western music/notation"(Do, Rae, Mi, etc.) with a sharp/flat in between, PG said it in a lesson I translated the other day. How come the open strings are named the way they are? Like why aren't they named from A to F? Seems like some weird math

Reactions: Andrew Fernandes
    Synner Endless Summer Collection