• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Demo of a song i created

Ezequiel Romanko

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Argentina
hey guys whats goin on. i want to share with you a demo of a song i created with a friend its called the wicked game (just for now) its on soundcloud, if you can hear it and tell what you think of the song and what you think i can do to improve the quality of the songwritting and the sound quality, i did my best mixing and mastering but im not 100% its correct but anyways i hope you like it that motivates me to create more songs The Wicked Game Demo

Ezequiel Romanko

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Argentina
thats funny man cuz my rythm guitarist come with that melody after two hours straight listening to beast and the harlot haha don’t ask me how or why he spent 2 hours to one song haha. in fact the intro isn’t even writted for this song it was a random intro and then i used in this song and seems to work out haha

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Definitely hear a lot of Avenged influence all over the place. That’s not criticism – I like it. The drums are way too quiet, and sound kind of muddy. Guitar players do that a lot when we mix. We make the mistake of thinking the guitar is the most important thing and needs to be loudest. I used to do that, too. As a basic rule of thumb, that snare should be pretty much the loudest thing a listener hears, except maybe a lead vocal. The beat and the drums should be clearly heard across the left to right stereo spectrum, THEN find the home for the bass (down the middle) and guitars (panned 75-100% left and right) that sits within them. Try to use a high-pass filter on the guitars to remove anything below 100Hz. It sounds like you’re pretty close on that – I hear the separation of the guitars and the bass decently.

Synner Endless Summer Collection