• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Different notes

juiceellish

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    The numbers refer to the respective register on a piano. A “regester” is an octave, simply put, and a piano has 7 registers. C is the note used for reference because the middle of the piano is a C; also called “middle C”. C4 is that middle note, so if you play the first C on your far left, that’s C1, next up is C2, so on until C7.

Upvote 0

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    The numbers refer to the respective register on a piano. A “regester” is an octave, simply put, and a piano has 7 registers. C is the note used for reference because the middle of the piano is a C; also called “middle C”. C4 is that middle note, so if you play the first C on your far left, that’s C1, next up is C2, so on until C7.
    Cool that's what I thought, I guess it was kind of obvious
    maybe it works sometimes with guitar

Reactions: juiceellish
    Upvote 0

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Guitar has about 4 octaves per note because of the way standard tuning is. The difference in all of the notes, however, is the timbre. The F note (first fret, first string) on strings 1 thru 5 all are the same pitch, but have different timbres.
    Cool a new word, I thought timbre was what people said when cutting down trees

Upvote 0

Saphyra

New Student
    Dec 16, 2021
    France
    When it says "C3" does it mean the 3rd C available?
    Same goes for C1 and so on.

If I play C3 for example on guitar or keyboard should I play C1 on bass or is that preference?

I noticed there's numbers next to the notes in my DAW and doing some guess work.
    Like Josh said, the notation of C1 or C2, applies on piano.
    Actually on piano, it begins with a A note so the C1 is the third tone on piano and then you have the C2, C3, C4, C5, C6 and C7, and it's the same thing for the others notes (D, E, G, A, B)
    The C1 is the most low tone but I am repeating that what Josh said 😅

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Wait I am going to find the whole of the keyboard from piano and I'll explain ^^
    Okay, I'll make a bookmark. Tomorrow I'm going to make another track ( if not too tired ) and try to apply some piano/keyboard/guitar notes theory.
    I should be practicing it more for songwriting, my guitar skills is lacking some from not practicing these past few weeks but it's okay

Thanks!
    Josh too

Reactions: Saphyra
    Upvote 0

Saphyra

New Student
    Dec 16, 2021
    France
    Okay, I'll make a bookmark. Tomorrow I'm going to make another track ( if not too tired ) and try to apply some piano/keyboard/guitar notes theory.
    I should be practicing it more for songwriting, my guitar skills is lacking some from not practicing these past few weeks but it's okay

Thanks!
    Josh too
    I took a photo of my piano and I show the notes and how it is built ^^
    Maybe it explains better than my words 😅
    20220224_234616.jpg

Upvote 0

Saphyra

New Student
    Dec 16, 2021
    France
    View attachment 2748

maybe it ends on an A, the 1st key is still broken, got the wrong size screwdriver
    You first key (the broken one) is a C note and your keyboard ends also with a C note
    Moreover, you have like only four or five octaves like C1, C2 C3 C4, so yes your keyboard has really less notes than a piano that your can see in generally

Upvote 0

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    View attachment 2748

maybe it ends on an A, the 1st key is still broken, got the wrong size screwdriver

This has 55 keys and 5 octaves. starting and ending on C (the broken key is a C). A full-sized keyboard is 88 keys, and 8 octaves.

• Wow
    Reactions: William B.
    Upvote 0

Saphyra

New Student
    Dec 16, 2021
    France
    This has 55 keys and 5 octaves. starting and ending on C (the broken key is a C). A full-sized keyboard is 88 keys, and 8 octaves.
    Yup and mine starts with a A note and has 88 notes but ends like the keyboard of William with a C note , it is the number of notes on an accoustic piano in general (idk if it's the right word sorry for my bad english 😅 )

Reactions: William B.
    Upvote 0