• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

DISCO VOLANTE by Mr. Bungle

J

Jak Angelescu

Eu também sou um grande fã do slipknot! eles definitivamente fazem alguma merda maluca! que bom que você está reservando um tempo para ouvir!
Whoa! Syn is speaking Portuguese! As if I didn't already have an idol to translate 😂😂
Let's see... it says: : "I too am a big (something) of Slipknot. They (something) do (something something) wild shit. I'm happy you (something) to listen."
I think?

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Whoa! Syn is speaking Portuguese! As if I didn't already have an idol to translate 😂😂
    Let's see... it says: : "I too am a big (something) of Slipknot. They (something) do (something something) wild shit. I'm happy you (something) to listen."
    I think?

According to the trusty Google Translate, Syn said:

"I'm also a big fan of slipknot! they definitely do some crazy shit! I'm glad you're taking the time to listen!"

beatrix

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Sep 19, 2020
    Italy
    I don't think A7X will put out such a crazy record one day, but I wish we could hear Pinkly Smooth's unreleased songs. Syn once said that he would share them with the fans, so I'm still waiting for this day to come...
    Btw, I'm jealous that you've met Syn 😭 hope one day I can meet him too
    God Yes!! i’d love to listen Pinkly Smooth unreleased songs too! when i heard Disco Volante, i first thought “oh my gosh, this reminds me of Pinkly Smooth!” 🤣🤣 hope to meet Syn too one day...my life would be complete. <3

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    According to the trusty Google Translate, Syn said:

"I'm also a big fan of slipknot! they definitely do some crazy shit! I'm glad you're taking the time to listen!"
    Yep, for once google translate is pretty accurate 😂
    Anyway, I'm giving a listen to Disco Volante tonight, reporting back soon!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Raquel Sousa Calvoso

New Student
    Sep 25, 2020
    Brasil
    Eu também sou um grande fã do slipknot! eles definitivamente fazem alguma merda maluca! que bom que você está reservando um tempo para ouvir!
    I think?
    oh my god, i'm feeling bad for not having translated for him, but i'm very happy that he spoke portuguese aaaaaa hahahahah

Reactions: Israel Stefanello

Raquel Sousa Calvoso

New Student
    Sep 25, 2020
    Brasil
    sorry for not bringing it, oh my god. the site was automatically translating for me and ended up changing what I wrote in english to portuguese aaaaaa hahahahsh
    _______
    ok, now talking about the album, man i am getting more and more enchanted, realizing the details, of each separate instrument you know? the composition is amazing and i am happy for you like Slipknot this is really cool

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    The question is, does Syn know Portuguese? Or is he also a master of Google Translate?
    Well, I know he speaks Spanish, but I'm not sure about Portuguese... Being a native speaker of the latter, I can say the sentence he wrote about Slipknot definitely feels like it came from Google Translate lol
    Anyway, I'd really love to see/hear him speak Portuguese. Come on, Syn, you already speak Spanish, it will be so easy for you to learn Portuguese too, you can be a master of anything you want! 😊

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    I listened to the whole album and damn, it was a wild ride!!! Reading a bit the comments, I didn't think that I would have liked it honestly, however I did!! The tracks are chaotic and a bit all over the place in the best way possible, and combine various genres which I loved. Personal favourites at the moment are "Merry Go Bye Bye", "Desert Search for techno Allah" and "The Bends", special mention for " Violenza Domestica" because it's in italian 🇮🇹 😁 I will for sure give it another listen in a couple of days and see how that will feel! 🤘

Edward John

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    Well, I know he speaks Spanish, but I'm not sure about Portuguese... Being a native speaker of the latter, I can say the sentence he wrote about Slipknot definitely feels like it came from Google Translate lol
    Anyway, I'd really love to see/hear him speak Portuguese. Come on, Syn, you already speak Spanish, it will be so easy for you to learn Portuguese too, you can be a master of anything you want! 😊
    Yes, agreed.

Last edited:

Kat the metalhead

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 20, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    I listened to the album and I’m gonna be 100% honest, didn’t like it at all 😂 It was just too weird for me and I didn’t really get into it. Maybe if I gave it couple tries I’d like it but so far it’s not for me. If everyone likes it which it has seemed like so far good for you I’m happy you enjoy it! It’s just not my thing. I don’t mind their first album and I’m beyond obsessed with there newest stuff! I do really appreciate you sharing this though!, so we can get a feel for the music you enjoy! It was a weird trip but worth the shot 🥰

Gabby Heafy

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Apr 5, 2020
    www.instagram.com
    @Syn Gates Escuche todo el álbum completo... no conocía mucho de la música de Mr. Bungle realmente, tengo que reconocer que tiene un sonido muy original, mezcla muchas variaciones de instrumentos e voces, nunca escuche nada igual lol! la canción Ma Meeshka Mow Skwoz, parece sacada de un dibujo animado... muy loco el sonido!! haha y la cancion The Bends realmente es intensa, muy extraño suena...! thanks for sharing this crazy music, it really was a wild ride without a doubt! 😂 love u!🤘

Last edited:

Alec Lewis

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I listened to the album and I’m gonna be 100% honest, didn’t like it at all 😂 It was just too weird for me and I didn’t really get into it. Maybe if I gave it couple tries I’d like it but so far it’s not for me. If everyone likes it which it has seemed like so far good for you I’m happy you enjoy it! It’s just not my thing. I don’t mind their first album and I’m beyond obsessed with there newest stuff! I do really appreciate you sharing this though!, so we can get a feel for the music you enjoy! It was a weird trip but worth the shot 🥰
    100% can understand this perspective. If this is your first bungle album then I would highly recommend listening to either California, or self titled album. California is probably the most tamed out of the two but self title has a lot more "metal" qualities I would say. Disco Volante is very abstract and can sound like nonsense to someone who isn't adjusted to said nonsense haha. One of the main things that helped me get into Bungle initially is understanding that Mike Patton's vocals are more of an instrument all on their own rather than the typical melodies and chord progressions you may be used to. Edit: just read that you have heard the first album so disregard that lol.

beatrix

• Sep 19, 2020
    Italy
    :syngates:Yo family! Wanted to start doing a monthly album discussion based on records that have changed my life and musical path. We are kickin it off with Mr. Bungle’s insanely ambitious sophomore release, Disco Volante.

Jimmy made me a mixtape of some of the most avant-garde shit I had ever heard at 13 years old ranging from Primus, The Residents, Bungle, and beyond.

I HATED this mixtape with a passion for two whole weeks until a small spark of curiosity grew rapidly into a deep and profound obsession.

The mixtape had songs from the previous eponymous record which, as obscure as it was to me at the time, paled in comparison to my first listen of Disco.

Already a huge fan of the band, I did however HATE this record for two whole weeks until a spark of curiosity grew rapidly into a deep and profound obsession.

I was pissed that Patton didn’t sing, Spruance didn’t solo, no clown music etc. I couldn’t have been more wrong. Patton’s vocals and the entire bands performance interwoven throughout a chaotically beautiful and terrifying “soundtrack”, transcended anything I’d ever heard before. One of my favorite song writers of all time, Trevor Roy Dunn, composes masterful and incredibly singable atonal brilliance throughout. The man is nothing short of pure genius in my humble opinion.

I now focused solely on orchestrating my guitar parts with deep sensitivity towards the soul of the song. This gift of perspective was the greatest of any in my musical history.

Like ALL of my favorite things in life, this is an acquired taste, so please, give it time.

All my love,
    Syn
    :syngates:
    Synn! have you heard the new Mr.Bungle album??😏😎

beatrix

• Sep 19, 2020
    Italy
    :syngates:Yo family! Wanted to start doing a monthly album discussion based on records that have changed my life and musical path. We are kickin it off with Mr. Bungle’s insanely ambitious sophomore release, Disco Volante.

Jimmy made me a mixtape of some of the most avant-garde shit I had ever heard at 13 years old ranging from Primus, The Residents, Bungle, and beyond.

I HATED this mixtape with a passion for two whole weeks until a small spark of curiosity grew rapidly into a deep and profound obsession.

The mixtape had songs from the previous eponymous record which, as obscure as it was to me at the time, paled in comparison to my first listen of Disco.

Already a huge fan of the band, I did however HATE this record for two whole weeks until a spark of curiosity grew rapidly into a deep and profound obsession.

I was pissed that Patton didn’t sing, Spruance didn’t solo, no clown music etc. I couldn’t have been more wrong. Patton’s vocals and the entire bands performance interwoven throughout a chaotically beautiful and terrifying “soundtrack”, transcended anything I’d ever heard before. One of my favorite song writers of all time, Trevor Roy Dunn, composes masterful and incredibly singable atonal brilliance throughout. The man is nothing short of pure genius in my humble opinion.

I now focused solely on orchestrating my guitar parts with deep sensitivity towards the soul of the song. This gift of perspective was the greatest of any in my musical history.

Like ALL of my favorite things in life, this is an acquired taste, so please, give it time.

All my love,
    Syn
    :syngates:
    you officially made me feel in love with Mr.Bungle. i’ve listened to all their albums- a real addiction haha! thank you.🖤

• Love
    Reactions: Syn Gates