• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Does Syn sweep pick the lead in the Beast and the Harlot chorus?

jcappedapony

New Student
Nov 21, 2022
Definitely alternate picked, which is strange because naturally you would sweep/economy pick it, and he’s said before that he doesn’t even like alternate picking.
Well I've noticed from trying to play it in the different picking styles that alternate happens to he the most efficient given the 4 notes and going right back to the g strings. It's almost too slow to sweep pick the lead comfortably. Something about the alternate picking just is easiest.

I was just curious cause I knew syn was way more into economy/sweep picking

Reactions: DXMG503
Upvote 0
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Jeremy Healey

Hot Topic Tourer
Legend+
Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Newfoundland and Labrador
    Why he doesn't like it, do you know?
    In their YouTube Breakdown video of Beast in the Harlot (part 1), Syn explains why he hates playing it live!
    Basically he explains that the “Syncopated” part of the song is difficult to play while singing backup vocals. Also how ridiculous the Solo is lol. He explains it best himself 😅

Reactions: William B.
    Upvote 0

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    In their YouTube Breakdown video of Beast in the Harlot (part 1), Syn explains why he hates playing it live!
    Basically he explains that the “Syncopated” part of the song is difficult to play while singing backup vocals. Also how ridiculous the Solo is lol. He explains it best himself 😅
    Thanks, not sure if I saw that one I overlook things often and sometimes miss things totally.

Reactions: Jeremy Healey
    Upvote 0