• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Don't Fear The Reaper Stream #2

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    I missed the first part of the first stream. Is Reaper free and do I need an audio interface to use it?
    Yes, it's free for the first 60 days.

And yes, you will need an audio interface if you want to record guitars or other instruments. If you want to use only MIDI, it is not required.

Reaper is always ''free''. They ask you to buy it in a way of donating to them but the whole program can be used for free.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    They say there are three sides to every story - yours, mine, and the truth.

So Truth gonna provide some truth here. Reaper is not free - it is $60, and that purchases you the current and major upgrade versions (current version is 6.x, and a purchase means you're covered until version 8 is released, which will probably be 5-7 years or more)

Where the confusion comes in is that the "Evaluation version" of Reaper - the "try before you buy" - has no limitations and is not time-bombed. You can, without any kind of crack, use Reaper for free forever.

But they count on people eventually being able to afford it and being grateful enough to pay for it, and that model seems to work well for them.

So, it's not free, but you never HAVE to pay for it.

Synner Endless Summer Collection