• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Don't know which guitar to buy

Leo The Gym Rat

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Hey guys, I'm about to spend a lot of money on one of syn's guitars and I don't know which one to buy, my options are the Earth burst custom s one or the standard black and silver one, any differences between the Earth burst and the other sustainiac models I should be aware of?

Leo The Gym Rat

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I just wanna make sure there's no difference between the Earth burst model and the standard sustainiac model
Screenshot_20210628-085157.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210628-084048.jpg
    Screenshot_20210628-084048.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 0

Eric Kane

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Well first, the finish will be different. The Dark Earth Burst is a satin finish, and the standard is a glossy finish. May not be a big difference to you, I don't know. I have both satin and glossy finish guitars. I prefer satin on the necks, but it's not a huge deal either way.

Next, it would depend on how new the standard version is. The picture above appears to be an older one with the SD Invader pickup in the bridge position, and appears to have the older body with no rounded off top where your right arm would rest. That would be the same as the Dark Earth Burst, which would definitely have the Invader and older body. If the standard black/silver is a newer one, it would most likely have the signature Syn pickup in the bridge position, and the rounded off top.

If they are both the same, then you should pick whichever finish you like better. I would choose the Dark Earth Burst because it is relatively rare, and it's a good look. I have one and it's the guitar I play the most - although I did switch out the Invader to a black Syn signature pickup, which I much prefer.

Reactions: Alicia Willis