• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Dream Guitar? What is your next guitar?

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I kinda have multiple: the new silver sky(it has really cool color thing going ln,), Nick Johnston's signature(I'd like a Schecter strat for shredding), SRV Signature (apparently there's something cool with those pickups), a Gibson es model, Syn's sunburst guitar, banshee elite-6 fr-s, Corsair also thinking about Ritchie Blackmore's signature strat because it has scalloped frets

Reactions: Christian Schulze

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    I don't have a dream guitar from a specific brand but if I'll ever get a new guitar it would have two humbuckers with a three way switch, one volume knob, 24 frets, and floating bridge just in case I'll ever use it. Black matte on a superstrat-like body would look great.

I've seen a few ibanez guitars that fir this description

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    I don't have a dream guitar from a specific brand but if I'll ever get a new guitar it would have two humbuckers with a three way switch, one volume knob, 24 frets, and floating bridge just in case I'll ever use it. Black matte on a superstrat-like body would look great.

I've seen a few ibanez guitars that fir this description
    I feel you. I want 24 frets so bad! But I want a versatile instrument. Cause I love metal but I also love indie rock XD. One day I might play megadeth and another the smiths. The guitar I use right now is an Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro and it comes with a coil tap..
    Which is awesome.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I feel you. I want 24 frets so bad! But I want a versatile instrument. Cause I love metal but I also love indie rock XD. One day I might play megadeth and another the smiths. The guitar I use right now is an Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro and it comes with a coil tap..
    Which is awesome.
    It's weird though, The sound of strats is my favourite but when I coil tap my Schecter it comes close but never really nails the single coil tone exactly

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    Which is awesome.

Sounds like you need multiple guitars, haha.

I don't need 24 frets at the moment, and I don't think I'll ever use them but I remember a time I wanted to learn a solo that used the 21st fret so badly and I only had 20 frets. 😂

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    It's weird though, The sound of strats is my favourite but when I coil tap my Schecter it comes close but never really nails the single coil tone exactly

That's because even while it is technically a single coil, it was not designed to be a single coil. The tone of each coil was designed and tuned to be a part of a humbucker first, whereas with a strat, everything about it is designed for that single coil tone.

It's a fantastic compromise, and I generally don't buy guitars or humbuckers where I can't tap the coils because of that, but it's also why I still kinda want a strat or strat-like 3-single-coil guitar, as well.

Reactions: idssdi

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    That's because even while it is technically a single coil, it was not designed to be a single coil. The tone of each coil was designed and tuned to be a part of a humbucker first, whereas with a strat, everything about it is designed for that single coil tone.

It's a fantastic compromise, and I generally don't buy guitars or humbuckers where I can't tap the coils because of that, but it's also why I still kinda want a strat or strat-like 3-single-coil guitar, as well.
    Yeah that's true, did you see that new silver sky with that changing color thing?

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    Sounds like you need multiple guitars, haha.

I don't need 24 frets at the moment, and I don't think I'll ever use them but I remember a time I wanted to learn a solo that used the 21st fret so badly and I only had 20 frets. 😂
    Nope! My dream guitar gets it done. The ibanez has 24 frets, floating trem coil tap (therefore 10 sounds)!

I would buy it in a heartbeat if I had the cash.

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    That's a shame it looked nice. Pretty interesting from a physical point of view too
    I do Like the nebula but honestly I'm more excited about the new colours with a Maple Neck. Already because they aren't that Limited / overpriced (still way Out of reach though 😂)

Reactions: Ed Seith

PaulDi

Garage band Groupie
    Dec 31, 2019
    This Schecter C-1 sls elite is coming in tommorow.
    Resized_20200117_142402.jpeg