• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Drum Tracks

Zesty Rage

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Sep 27, 2020
    Michigan City, IN
    So is there any where that I could find pre recorded drum tracks? I found a couple of websites where I could buy some tracks but I wanted to see what other people use. But lets say that I wanted to do a guitar cover of Before I Forget by Slipknot is there anywhere that I could find a drum track for that song? Or would I be doomed to use my digital drum kit?

Reactions: Audentio

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    There are some "dark places" on the net where you can find "stems" - the original recorded tracks of popular songs, separated out by instrument. These are easier to find if the song happened to be used in a game like Guitar Hero or something, but they can often be found for other songs, as well. I'd found and downloaded a sizable collection of them some time ago, so I may have this, if it exists. PM me.

If a full song has been done on Guitar Pro and uploaded to UltimateGuitar, you can usually download the GP file and extract the drum MIDI to put through your drum software (like EZ Drummer). This is nice, because you can change it or use a different drum kit or sound if you want, to make it more your own.

Zesty Rage

• Sep 27, 2020
    Michigan City, IN
    There are some "dark places" on the net where you can find "stems" - the original recorded tracks of popular songs, separated out by instrument. These are easier to find if the song happened to be used in a game like Guitar Hero or something, but they can often be found for other songs, as well. I'd found and downloaded a sizable collection of them some time ago, so I may have this, if it exists. PM me.

If a full song has been done on Guitar Pro and uploaded to UltimateGuitar, you can usually download the GP file and extract the drum MIDI to put through your drum software (like EZ Drummer). This is nice, because you can change it or use a different drum kit or sound if you want, to make it more your own.
    Thanks for the advice I'll be on the look out for it. I'm just trying to get a feel for certain things. I'm finishing up my studio this month so I'm going to be spending a lot of time recording and getting used to cakewalk and I can already tell that the drums MIDI is going to take some getting used to.

Reactions: Ed Seith

Zesty Rage

• Sep 27, 2020
    Michigan City, IN
    Thanks for the advice I'll be on the look out for it. I'm just trying to get a feel for certain things. I'm finishing up my studio this month so I'm going to be spending a lot of time recording and getting used to cakewalk and I can already tell that the drums MIDI is going to take some getting used to.
    I was actually able to find a midi drum track to Before I Forget and an Unholy Confessions backing track that I can add to my DAW