• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

EDCAG – Playing Over Two Minor Chords – Lesson 36

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I came here wondering the same exact thing. Did you ever find an answer?
An important thing to note here is that he's really just playing the same two scales all over the neck. This lesson is meant for you to understand where you can find the pentatonic scales on the neck and help you realize you can combine two different ones.

Another thing to realize is that a scale is defined by the notes you play not where you play them so whether you do C shape or D-shape does not change the scale. They hold exactly the same notes.

Wilothy

Free Bird Player
Jun 12, 2020
Teacher!! You said that we are going to start by playing d minor pentatonic upwards...
Why did you start the minor pentatonic at 3rd fret in a C-shape (C major) instead of a D-shape (F major)
Papa Gates is actually playing a D minor pentatonic scale (D shape for Dm), however, the tab + score read an Am (C shape) pentatonic going up. Play it, listen to it, and don't focus on the tab.

Reactions: Alquin
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Honestly, this doesn't really matter at all, but some technical issue is keeping me from marking this lesson complete and earning that sweet XP :( who cares really, the point is learning, but I like when the reward system works lol
    Thanks for pointing this out ! @alexj im sure can get this sorted out as she is a technical wizard ! 😊

Reactions: Ed Seith and alexj

alexj

Community Manager
    Staff member
  • Jul 13, 2020
    Chicago
    Honestly, this doesn't really matter at all, but some technical issue is keeping me from marking this lesson complete and earning that sweet XP :( who cares really, the point is learning, but I like when the reward system works lol
    Hey there, sorry about this issue! We've been looking into this on our end and are having trouble replicating the problem. Would you be able to PM me a screen recording of what you see when you try to mark the lesson complete? That might help me track down the issue faster :)

Reactions: Ed Seith

KG_HP

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Aug 25, 2021
    Actually i have the same problem.
    When i press the mark complete button, i just wait for the page to reload but nothing happens.
    @alexj

Zach Schreiber

Campfire Attention Holder
    C9E187EB-6FFD-4240-8048-1B5108B1E706.png

I’m unable to mark this as complete, I keep getting an error message.

Synner Endless Summer Collection