• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

EDDIE VAN HALEN TRIBUTE CONTEST ANNOUNCED!

J

Jak Angelescu

Guess what....

This has become a CONTEST. And yes, it was Syn's idea. Not mine. I'm just doing the Devil's bidding. :skull::skull:Which means it's legit, which means you all can't fart around. We have beginners who can barely arpeggiate a chord kicking serious ass. If they can do it. So can all of us!

Here's the details:

Requirements for Entry: Play any part of any Van Halen song at any tempo. Even if you fuck it up. Just do it. It's not about being perfect or PERFORMING. It's about DOING. IT CAN BE RHYTHM OR LEAD. Seriously.. even if you figure out ONE chord and play it and submit it. You'll be qualified.:rock-hand:

Deadline: Saturday October 24th

Prize: To be announced and arranged by @alexj

I will be the one to pick the winner. And don't worry. I'm going to choose the one that gave the best attempt with the best spirit. I don't give a shit if you tap Eruption while standing on your head. If I see someone giving more passion and heart and UMPH into what they're doing than you, they'll win.

****POST YOUR SUBMISSIONS IN THE COMMENTS BELOW. DO NOT POST INSTAGRAM VIDEOS OR I WILL CHARGE YOU A FEE OF 5 CHOCOLATE BARS FROM ITALY AND A BOX OF RESCUE KITTENS****

FINAL NOTE: Please please PLEASE don't write me on Instagram asking questions about this. Please keep it on the school. If you do, I will change your name to "Dominik Graeber Is The Best Guitarist Ever."
AND- You will get bonus points if you can cite which lessons from this fabulous school that you utilized to either help learn something by ear or to help with a technique!

Here are some that would be good to get you started: Beginner Section - The Caged System (Eddie uses chords based off the CAGED system for a lot of riffs)
Intermediate - The Blues Section or Pentatonic Solo Pattern
Advanced - Tapping (duh)

:syngates:Feel free to jostle around and have fun! Love you guys!! Let's ROCK!

Jak

Synner Endless Summer Collection

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Not the 13th anymore? I was learning Eruption, do I change it? I don't know the names of any songs, I was just a kid. Was doing the improv for today and after the last take started jamming, I had one of his melodies in my head and got emo. Does that count as a Tribute? His song made me cry, I've been on this emotional rollercoaster. Haven't tuned down in awhile, sounds fresh. I just sa something crazy in the sky