• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

EDDIE VAN HALEN TRIBUTE CONTEST ANNOUNCED!

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    ****POST YOUR SUBMISSIONS IN THE COMMENTS BELOW. DO NOT POST INSTAGRAM VIDEOS OR I WILL CHARGE YOU A FEE OF 5 CHOCOLATE BARS FROM ITALY AND A BOX OF RESCUE KITTENS****
    I need to respect @Jak Angelescu so much for saying this AHAHAHA, I'm still dying of laughter
    But you have asked her about the Contest on Instagram already, right? Cause you should

• Haha
    Reactions: Jak Angelescu
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

VizualSwami

Campfire Attention Holder
    Sep 28, 2020
    Vermont

I made this video a couple of day ago. Cathedral has always been one my favorite solo guitar pieces by Eddie. I love the simplistic way he used the delay for accompaniment. He was the greatest innovator on the guitar ever! RIP
    This is sick! If you don't mind me asking how exactly did you get this effect? Is it just delay? And what is your right hand doing? Awesome cover dude!

Andy Schultz

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Whidbey Island, Wa, US
    www.youtube.com
    This is sick! If you don't mind me asking how exactly did you get this effect? Is it just delay? And what is your right hand doing? Awesome cover dude!
    Yes, it's a delay with a single repeat at about 390 milliseconds. Hammer on all the notes with the volume knob swells. There's plenty of videos of Eddie playing it live.

Reactions: William B.

Romain Tassan

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Lille, France
    www.instagram.com
    I made this tribute before I heard about the contest but here it is!
    This one means a lot to me. EVH was the guy who inspired me to become a lead guitarist and never quit. He's the one who made me fall in love with the instrument 14 years ago, my very first musical inspiration (he still is...). I was fucking 10 at the time and was discovering what music actually was. I remember hearing Eruption's tapping for the first time and thinking "This can't be just one guitar, I think there are 3 or 4" haha. I can't explain with words what Eddie did for me as a muscian... I have so many clear memories of me trying to learn his solos and watching his lives on youtube. Ice Cream Man's solo is probably my fav. More than Eruption? I think so.

Last edited: