• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

EDDIE VAN HALEN TRIBUTE CONTEST ANNOUNCED!

Daniel Verde

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Nov 11, 2019
Hey there Daniel! Your video is blocked in my country and I can't see it.
Oh no! Yeah I see that now. This is so disappointing, I pulled an all nighter trying to get this to work. Youtube seems to have a copyright claim on it and blocked it... Maybe I can post on instagram instead.... I'm going to try and figure this out. I know it might be too late for the tribute video you're working on. But at the very least I will try to get something in for the contest.

Reactions: Jak Angelescu
J

Jak Angelescu

Oh no! Yeah I see that now. This is so disappointing, I pulled an all nighter trying to get this to work. Youtube seems to have a copyright claim on it and blocked it... Maybe I can post on instagram instead.... I'm going to try and figure this out. I know it might be too late for the tribute video you're working on. But at the very least I will try to get something in for the contest.

Can you Dropbox it to me? I won't be able to use your video if you post it to IG!!

Daniel Verde

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Nov 11, 2019
Can you Dropbox it to me? I won't be able to use your video if you post it to IG!!
Absolutely I can drop box it to you, I have drop box but I'm not 100% sure how to send it to you. It looks like I can share it with you if I enter your email address(I believe I have a yahoo email address for you).

I just shared it with you. Let me know if you get it, or if I should send it to another email address.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jak Angelescu
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Imactuallyadrummer

Campfire Attention Holder
May 27, 2020
Toronto, Ontario
So I redid my intro to Hear about it later... and learned the second part now that we had time to resubmit it! The only thing is apparently I still get hard red light syndrome and become butterfingers when I want to record the whole thing in one take. So I thought ...whatever! I’ll split it up :D

Slowed down, and I don’t know how to get my notes to ring very well either so IMO it sounds like trash, but another thread posted around the forum recently encouraged me to post anyways!

Lessons that would help with playing: Intermediate section, Picking techniques
Beginner section, CAGED system (With a particular focus on the arpeggios/major scales)

Lessons that would help with transcribing: Beginner section, Learning the chords
Intermediate section, Lesson 48 Intro to building chords (Learn about suspended chords etc. Which I believe are arpeggiated in this intro)

go easy on me 😁

John Robinson

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Nashville tn.

I’m no tapping EVH SOLO master so here’s my attempt at the intro to dreams(my fav). also anyone who uses Bias FX what do you guys use to switch between clean and distorted rigs without having to click the mouse lol is there a comparable pedal?
Thats badass..i knew the song from the first few notes...great job

Reactions: Nickstib