• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Eddie Van Halen Tributes

J

Jak Angelescu

I'm sure most of you know by now, but we lost one of our guitar Godfathers, Eddie Van Halen. Because of this being a great guitar community with so many people that love and respect him, I'm opening up submissions for a EVH tribute video.

There are no rules.
You don't need fancy equipment.
You can play rhythm or lead.
No duration restrictions.
ALL LEVELS OF SKILL WELCOMED AND ENCOURAGED.

This is just something I want to put together for the school and to show off on my instagram page and maybe @Salman AlKh (who runs the unofficial school IG page) can share it there as well.

Deadline for submissions is Tuesday, October 13th until I wake up on October 14th.
Please post your submission here in this thread.
Let's honor our fallen King.

J

Jak Angelescu

Cool Idea! RIP to a Legend. Personally never got in Touch with His Riffs though. So no Tribute from me I guess. Don't really have the time to dig Into this right now unfortunately.
I'm just like you. I never really got into him that much so I won't be participating but this is definitely something for people who are inspired by him :)

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    I will try, I've seen some tabs before, they are so difficult.
    You don’t have to do a whole lot William if you want to participate. Eddie was much more than kick ass solos ! For instance I’m picking a small little section from a song I know and love that’s mostly chords and a small lick.