• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Eddie Van Halen Tributes

Andy Schultz

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Whidbey Island, Wa, US
www.youtube.com
@Andy Schultz That sounded like a synthesizer of something, never saw that before! I'll for sure want to try that! Crazy Technique, I imagined Tom Morello and Turntables combined with Guitar, so not Keytar, but Turntar or something
That sound is actually pretty easy to get. All you need is a delay and a volume knob! Set the delay so the feedback is at the lowest setting. Put the mix at 50%, and the delay time around 390 milliseconds. Doesn't have to be exact, the lower the setting the faster the tempo will be.
Be sure to check out the original version from Van Halen's Diver Down.

Reactions: William B.

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    @Andy Schultz I think I can try it with my GarageBand, tomorrow during the day. Thanks for the tips, I hope to remember and can apply it. EVH sound is HUGE. I thought his guitar was named Frankenstein Monster? <3 I have a feeling the live show was amazing and very memorable. I was listening to the intro on Pretty Woman last few days and it's crazy how the nightmarish sounds turn into a desperate plea for love. That's how it sounds to me, I think he was an emotional guy. I tried 2 riffs/licks, one sounded distorted like tumbling down a rabbit hole, not sure if he couldn't finish it and got stuck in his head. The other was a nursery rhyme or something and sounds to me like he played it from the perspective of a child.
    Sorry my mind wanders, kept changing what I wrote

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Nov 11, 2019
    Indiana
    @Andy Schultz I think I can try it with my GarageBand, tomorrow during the day. Thanks for the tips, I hope to remember and can apply it. EVH sound is HUGE. I thought his guitar was named Frankenstein Monster? <3 I have a feeling the live show was amazing and very memorable. I was listening to the intro on Pretty Woman last few days and it's crazy how the nightmarish sounds turn into a desperate plea for love. That's how it sounds to me, I think he was an emotional guy. I tried 2 riffs/licks, one sounded distorted like tumbling down a rabbit hole, not sure if he couldn't finish it and got stuck in his head. The other was a nursery rhyme or something and sounds to me like he played it from the perspective of a child.
    Sorry my mind wanders, kept changing what I wrote
    Funfact: his guitar is called the frankenstrat, but he didnt use it live in recent years he used his EVH wolfgang as his signature guitars. They’re really nice guitars!

Synner Endless Summer Collection