• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

"Fan" Badges? It'd Be So Much Fun!

J

Jak Angelescu

Okay, so we get more than just guitarists here. We have TONS of people that don't play guitar, but they are ENORMOUS cheerleaders and fans of the students and school! I thought it'd be great to have badges for fans like what we get. We'd also be able to recognize what they are on the school, and thank them for their endless support and camaraderie. Top fans who give the most support (XP points? Somehow?) can get a higher rank on the fan list. We can give them cool names like (from lowest to highest)

1. Coachella Camper
2. Mosher
3. Crowd Surfer
4. Backstage
5. Diehard Synner

These may be dumb as hell but I just threw them in there to give an idea. I'd love to see them get some love, too!

Upvote 0
Synner Endless Summer Collection

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
That's a great Idea! I think there are definitely some people who are just here from a fan perspective and not so much the guitar aspect. If they engage and cheer people on that can definitely result in some sort of achievement even tho I do think it should remain focussed on playing guitar first before doing that.

Upvote 0
J

Jak Angelescu

That's a great Idea! I think there are definitely some people who are just here from a fan perspective and not so much the guitar aspect. If they engage and cheer people on that can definitely result in some sort of achievement even tho I do think it should remain focussed on playing guitar first before doing that.
I agree. I wish the guitar school could stay well, you know, a guitar school. But it's not going to be. With the way it is now and the way students spend more time interacting than they do on the lessons or talking about the lessons, it's probably only going to get pushed more into that area.

Upvote 0

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Interesting idea @Jak Angelescu ! There has been an influx of “support” students if you will, and it would be fun to recognize them. I do also agree with @Ids Schiere that the main focus should still be on the guitar students.
    It does seem that people are more drawn to the social aspect, and I totally get that. However, even though people aren’t talking about the lessons as much as they used to, there are always convos going on about other elements of guitar and questions arise all the time about gear, trem systems, amps, etc. which is awesome because those conversations are still geared towards learning.

Upvote 0

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Interesting idea @Jak Angelescu ! There has been an flux of “support” students if you will, and it would be fun to recognize them. I do also agree with @Ids Schiere that the main focus should still be on the students.
    It does seem that people are more drawn to the social aspect, and I totally get that. However, even though people aren’t talking about the lessons as much as they used to, there are always convos going on about other elements of guitar and questions arise all the time about gear, trem systems, amps, etc. which is awesome because those conversations are still geared towards learning.
    Ooh, I definitely spend a lot more time in the forums than the lessons but I find Syn's tips very useful and it most likely is partly due to my approach to learning something that I don't spend a lot of time in the lessons but there's still discussion on the forum about guitar stuff which I think is great and should stay. Support students are great but it's a guitar school so the focus should be on learning guitar in whatever way possible, otherwise it almost becomes like youtube in a way 😅

Upvote 0
    J

Jak Angelescu

Interesting idea @Jak Angelescu ! There has been an influx of “support” students if you will, and it would be fun to recognize them. I do also agree with @Ids Schiere that the main focus should still be on the guitar students.
    I agree 100%. There's no other school on the internet that has non guitarists on there. It just feels so inevitable. You know?

Upvote 0

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I agree 100%. There's no other school on the internet that has non guitarists on there. It just feels so inevitable. You know?
    That's really because it's free and it's syn I think but I think it's still nice to keep the focus on playing guitar because, I may be wrong her, I think that was Syn's intention to begin with. A reward is nice for the support people but like a small one to increase showing support not like a huge deal out of it😅

Upvote 0
    J

Jak Angelescu

That's really because it's free and it's syn I think but I think it's still nice to keep the focus on playing guitar because, I may be wrong her, I think that was Syn's intention to begin with. A reward is nice for the support people but like a small one to increase showing support not like a huge deal out of it😅
    I think you make a perfect point here

Upvote 0

John Robinson

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Nashville tn.
    well i seem to be one of the support people..because of my work schedule i dont get to practice and play as much as i would like.fyi every time i come to the forums i learn something and the next time i play i try it..im closer now to understanding the caged system so i practice it when i can.as far as a badge for a support member i really dont need one..i like and care about everybody here..thats my badge.keep posting guitar content and discussing it and when i practice i will try it.thank you for all that you do
    John

Upvote 0
    well i seem to be one of the support people..because of my work schedule i dont get to practice and play as much as i would like.fyi every time i come to the forums i learn something and the next time i play i try it..im closer now to understanding the caged system so i practice it when i can.as far as a badge for a support member i really dont need one..i like and care about everybody here..thats my badge.keep posting guitar content and discussing it and when i practice i will try it.thank you for all that you do
    John
    I feel you on this one man! I'm super busy too, so I just try my best to cheer everyone on and upload progress whenever possible. Love to the fam!

• Love
    Reactions: John Robinson
    Upvote 0