• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Fav Syn solo?

Sinisnuthear

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Under purgatory
www.soundcloud.com
Hey guys doing a little poll to see what you guys think the best Syn Gates solo is.

now I know most of you are probably going to say, for the shredders, anything from the WTF album is the best—and cheers to you for thinking so!

mine is And All Things Will End — and I mean he really takes noodling with G minor to an carpal tunnel nightmare.
It’s my favorite also because it takes a careful ear to learn. I’ll repost me doing that solo for you guys using my smeared G minor licks on my les Paul like a young stripper with too much lipstick.

Cheers sevenfolders!

Jamie London

GYNNER
Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    California
    synner.com
    For me it’s “Mad Hatter” as well as “Fermi Paradox”. They’re both total vibes and while “Fermi” gets a bit crazier, there’s so much feel in both of them.

The solo in “Mad Hatter” also reminds me of the sax solo in Al Stewart’s “Year of the Cat”. Not that they sound the same but the MH solo definitely has a sax vibe, and to me the YOTC sax solo bleeds with feel much like MH. Such good stuff

Synner Endless Summer Collection

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    I think the most beautiful and meaningful solo is Victim, tell me I'm wrong!
    Some streams back on SynTV about song ranking, Syn came by and used his wildcard to move that song to the bottom tier. I don't know why or maybe he was messing with us. He said something like it's his least favorite from the listed songs ( or Beast and the Harlot ) but didn't mention the reasoning for his choice. Not saying your wrong! Just putting that out there cause was thinking about it just now and was listening to it earlier again.

• Wow
    Reactions: TrentNWM

Saphyra

New Student
    Dec 16, 2021
    France
    Hey guys doing a little poll to see what you guys think the best Syn Gates solo is.

now I know most of you are probably going to say, for the shredders, anything from the WTF album is the best—and cheers to you for thinking so!

mine is And All Things Will End — and I mean he really takes noodling with G minor to an carpal tunnel nightmare.
    It’s my favorite also because it takes a careful ear to learn. I’ll repost me doing that solo for you guys using my smeared G minor licks on my les Paul like a young stripper with too much lipstick.

Cheers sevenfolders!
    I don't have really a fav Syn solo because there are many great solo but if I would choose, it would be Buried Alive or Strengh of the World, these are really amazing ^^

Reactions: William B.

Sinisnuthear

Campfire Attention Holder
    Nov 11, 2019
    Under purgatory
    www.soundcloud.com
    I don't have really a fav Syn solo because there are many great solo but if I would choose, it would be Buried Alive or Strengh of the World, these are really amazing ^^
    I usually pull people in with a song like Dear God or Angels and throw them a WTF song to see if they still like the crazy guitar music xD

TreSavedge

Free Bird Player
  • Nov 25, 2019
    St Louis, MO
    'Heretic' without hesitation. (My 2022 mission is to learn it btw) The 'Victim' solos are a very close 2nd. Those two would be my fav heavy and power ballad solos respectively. (Which is ironic because I listen to CoE and White Album the most)

I gotta mention Save Me, Fermi Paradox, and M.I.A for the level 10 difficulty epics, and Seize the Day for the classics (which I first was going to abbreviate S.T.D. in this post until I saw what it spelled)

I wonder if @Syn Gates wouldn't mind chiming in on this. Just out of curiousity.

Last edited:

Slime Tone

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Feb 15, 2022
    For me it’s “Mad Hatter” as well as “Fermi Paradox”. They’re both total vibes and while “Fermi” gets a bit crazier, there’s so much feel in both of them.

The solo in “Mad Hatter” also reminds me of the sax solo in Al Stewart’s “Year of the Cat”. Not that they sound the same but the MH solo definitely has a sax vibe, and to me the YOTC sax solo bleeds with feel much like MH. Such good stuff
    The intro solo on fermi is fucking great

• Love
    Reactions: Jamie London