• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

favorite gear

Jeremy Healey

Hot Topic Tourer
Legend+
Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Newfoundland and Labrador
    It’s very hard to pick a favourite as I like my guitars in different ways. Even each of my Synyster guitars differ a bit. But I think I’d have to say my Schecter Solo-II Custom! It’s the guitar that made me fall in love with the LP Style of guitar, it’s colouring is just so perfect, and it plays like an absolute dream!
    It was either that or my E-1 FRS Special Edition 😅
    CFBEDAB7-B895-4D61-BC3C-1CEBCF864A54.jpeg

Upvote 0

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    My schecter revenger fr is my all time favourite guitar. It was my pick from the day I decided to pick one up. I played a cheap guitar to start and once I was ready I bought the revenger (not avenger). Guitar was a huge influence in my early days. It was beaten and bruised. And eventually was stolen to hears ago. Lucky for.me I found not one but two to replace the lost one.. both are in better condition too. Both have different tones. One sounds very much like the original. Cant get that lucky too often.

carlosmqr

Campfire Attention Holder
    Legend
  • Nov 17, 2019
    Portugal/Manchester UK
    www.instagram.com
    My Schecter Syn Gates Custom S, by far my best guitar. Its a dream to play, sounds amazing and screams quality compared to my other guitars.

Still shout out to my Ibanez RGR321EX so much guitar for the price and the Wizard lll neck is so smooth and fast.

Upvote 0

Noah Berends

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm gonna go the same route as Alicia and highlight another hugely important tone piece! For me, it's the centerpiece of my tone besides the guitar - the Victory V4 Kraken Preamp (and soon to be Super Kraken head). I'm admittedly a sucker for tubes and having 4 of them in a drive/preamp pedal really seals the deal, and of course was born through another of my all-time favorite guitarists Rabea Massaad. If anyone has not yet checked these out - I can't recommend it enough.

Edit: I misread the original post and read "gear" not "guitar". Whoops! Adding another pic of my current favorite guitar too - Schecter Sun Valley Super Shredder Exotic.

Attachments

• IMG_7257.jpg
      IMG_7257.jpg
      578.9 KB · Views: 92
    • IMG_7258.jpg
      IMG_7258.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 95
    Upvote 0

StannisBaratheon

One Stringer
    Jul 6, 2020
    I like my Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pro. It’s a good sounding guitar that was a good value for the money. I ordered it on some promotion at Sam Ash, the floor model was a honey burst burst but that wasn’t what I received. It was darker, more like a tea burst. Didn’t bother returning it and I like playing it. I also have an RG350DX that I bought in high school that I’ll never part with. It could use upgraded pickups but the neck profile is great and its fun to play.

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Miika Raatikainen

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Sverige
    I love the way Syn Gates guitars plays, they are absolute shredders!
    But man, if i had to choose between my Custom-s and my EBMM Majesty Monarchy. I would without a doubt go for the EBMM. An absolute beast when it comes to buttery smooth shredding, love the mics and the feel. It just fit me perfect.
    BUT!
    EBMM’s tend to cost….A LOT 🙃
    So i think Syn’s guitars are the best when it comes to Bang for the buck😄🤘

6FA2B330-E28B-4C51-A23C-0E17D9AAA106.jpeg

Upvote 0

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    My guitar That I hold the nearest to my heart is my Epiphone Les Paul custom that was upgraded with Synyster Gates pickups.

I consider this to he my first real guitar and played my beloved Mindy (guitars name) so much that there are some frets pretty worn out.

I love her to death.
    Screenshot_20220104-172242_Instagram.jpg

Upvote 0

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    My guitar That I hold the nearest to my heart is my Epiphone Les Paul custom that was upgraded with Synyster Gates pickups.

I consider this to he my first real guitar and played my beloved Mindy (guitars name) so much that there are some frets pretty worn out.

I love her to death.
    View attachment 2445
    Nice to see you cj. I remember when you got the pick ups in that guitar. You were so excited.

Upvote 0

StannisBaratheon

One Stringer
    Jul 6, 2020
    A new piece of gear I just got for Christmas has become my favorite accessory and it’s my Boss RC-5 loop pedal. I’m kicking myself for not getting a looper pedal years ago. This makes playing so much more enjoyable and is such a valuable tool for learning and playing songs. The built in metronome/drum machine turns you into a one man band.

Everyone who is serious about playing should have a looper pedal. Don’t wait for years like I did!

Just finished jamming on Beast and the Harlot and it’s so much fun to have rhythm, lead, and drums going all at once!!

Reactions: Ed Seith
    Upvote 0