• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Favourite A7X song at the moment for y'all?

Jacques

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 29, 2019
    IL
    "The Wicked End" came on shuffle today, and I was taken in all over again. The fucking batshit arrangement on that song, and Matt's overlaid vocals and ALL THE MELODIES and shit, working together. Goddamn. No pun intended.

Yess!!!! I also share a deep passion for this one! (As if i dont love every song from them lol) The freaking sweeps in this solo are insane, and so pleasing to the ears! Blows my mind how you can pack so many notes in one run and still sound so audible and articulate!

Side note: If you jump over to "Intro to Sweep picking" Sweep picking 4 - lesson 82 Papa Gates mentions "The Wicked End" and explains the motive behind the madness!! https://syngates.com/lessons/sweep-picking-4-lesson-82.82/

Jacques

• Nov 29, 2019
    IL
    I'm always bouncing around from album to album with Avenged, all over really, kind of depends on the mood I suppose. At the moment two of their songs have been getting a lot more plays among the rest of their work.

Lost - Self Titled ---> *Love the dueling guitars along with the super melodic outro solo*
    Higher - The Stage ---> *Guitar usually always wins me over first on a song but the drumming on this one is fucking NASTY good!!!!*

Bellah83

Nov 11, 2019
    Fort Worth Tx
    I'm always bouncing around from album to album with Avenged, all over really, kind of depends on the mood I suppose. At the moment two of their songs have been getting a lot more plays among the rest of their work.

Lost - Self Titled ---> *Love the dueling guitars along with the super melodic outro solo*
    Higher - The Stage ---> *Guitar usually always wins me over first on a song but the drumming on this one is fucking NASTY good!!!!*
    I love the drums and bass at the end of Higher.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Bellah83

Nov 11, 2019
    Fort Worth Tx
    Yes sir!!! Even the choir at the end gives ya all the feels! Its usually around that part of the song I am like.....yup just going to hit replay here, no biggie!
    Yea for sure, that was my favorite track off of the album for awhile. It's still a close second to The Stage, that song is just too much of a masterpiece.

• Love
    Reactions: Jacques