• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Favourite guitarists ?

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Jerry Cantrell.. pretty self explanatory I shocked hes not on more lists. But then again you probably dont listen to him if you're younger then me due to the inactiveness of alice in chains when Layne passed. I don't think he shreds at all but he doesnt need to.

Mick mars.. guy has had a steel hip for years and he still rocks the solos. He makes it look so effortless since he barely moves on stage. He also is a good improv player and never plays certain solos the same everytime. (Thinking 10 seconds to love).

Jade Puget... another example of a riff king who barely ever shredd but when he does oh man. Hes a player I need to get into learning more about.. and learn some of his signature riffs.

I wont go into detail on syn because well his school is the biggest reason hes on my list. Truth be told I played more crue and alice I'm chains then a7x. Syns playing was too technical for me and for that reason I cant really say his playing has really had that big an Influence on my playing. The other 2 were a huge part of my play style. Mick got me into d standard. And Jerry's bends and riffs were a massive influence on me.

Theres tons im fans of but these particular players have had the biggest impact on me.

Some honourable mentions:

Matt good: from first to last. His solo is at the end. This entire album is gold.

Monte money: escape the fate/beyond unbroken his grooved really take remind me of mick.

David soloway: saves the day.. his melodies always killed me. Simple but emotional. He plays the lead in this entire song.

Jacky vincent: falling in reverse/ cry venom... shreds as hard as syn. I really liked his playing in cry venom.

Upvote 0

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    Jerry Cantrell.. pretty self explanatory I shocked hes not on more lists. But then again you probably dont listen to him if you're younger then me due to the inactiveness of alice in chains when Layne passed. I don't think he shreds at all but he doesnt need to.

Mick mars.. guy has had a steel hip for years and he still rocks the solos. He makes it look so effortless since he barely moves on stage. He also is a good improv player and never plays certain solos the same everytime. (Thinking 10 seconds to love).

Jade Puget... another example of a riff king who barely ever shredd but when he does oh man. Hes a player I need to get into learning more about.. and learn some of his signature riffs.

I wont go into detail on syn because well his school is the biggest reason hes on my list. Truth be told I played more crue and alice I'm chains then a7x. Syns playing was too technical for me and for that reason I cant really say his playing has really had that big an Influence on my playing. The other 2 were a huge part of my play style. Mick got me into d standard. And Jerry's bends and riffs were a massive influence on me.

Theres tons im fans of but these particular players have had the biggest impact on me.

Some honourable mentions:

Matt good: from first to last. His solo is at the end. This entire album is gold.

Monte money: escape the fate/beyond unbroken his grooved really take remind me of mick.

David soloway: saves the day.. his melodies always killed me. Simple but emotional. He plays the lead in this entire song.

Jacky vincent: falling in reverse/ cry venom... shreds as hard as syn. I really liked his playing in cry venom.

Dude you’re so right! Jerry is AMAZING, kind of pissed I didn’t mention him now as I’m a huge Alice In Chains fan. I think you hit the nail in the head though about Layne passing, it’s unfortunate but the same has happened to other bands when an integral part of them leaves or passes away.

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Dude you’re so right! Jerry is AMAZING, kind of pissed I didn’t mention him now as I’m a huge Alice In Chains fan. I think you hit the nail in the head though about Layne passing, it’s unfortunate but the same has happened to other bands when an integral part of them leaves or passes away.
    I really like his new album. It really gets dumping in the middle of it and duff really kills it on some of the songs. It's so good.

Reactions: Alicia Willis
    Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection