• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Favourite song and album from a7x?

nasankholin

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Nov 18, 2019
A Coruña, Spain
I think my favourite album is Nightmare, I really love that album vibes and every one of it's songs. In my humble opinion, I think many of the songs on the album are undervalued by the community and I do not understand why, there is not one that does not seem like a masterpiece to me.

What do you think guys? Tell me your own tastes and your experiences :3

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    My favorite Album is Nightmare too. That album has shapped me well beyond what anything else in my life has done. Thats why I have the cover art tattooed on my arm (My tattoo artist did it her own way but its awesome still)

My favorite song is Nightmare! This song has just defined my life for as long as I can remember and I am just never tired of it!

Reactions: Ed Seith and idssdi
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    Both are hard to say, but I think overall, my favorite song might be Save Me. It just has all the versatility that they offer in one song. All other songs are a close centimeter behind though

Such a good tune! The backing vocals behind the intro riff give me chills in that one

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    My favorite album is the self-titled and my favorite song is Afterlife. That is the first A7X song I've heard; I was watching MTV and the music video for that song popped up. I didn't use to listen to metal then, so, at first, I was like "Wow, this is really heavy... this drummer is so emo... Well, I like it!" lol anyway, after that, I googled them and fell in love with their music and their personalities and, 12 years later, here I am! 🤘🏻

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    Favorite song has to be "Coming Home", it has my absolute favorite solo, and the song just lifts my spirits every time I hear it. That being said, my favorite album is Nightmare, due to the classics that are "Save Me", "Buried Alive", and "Victim", which are some of my favorite songs as well.
    Victim is so underrated 😪

G

Gemma G.S.

It's so hard to choose, but I think the Self-Titled will always be my very favorite. City of Evil has my heart as well. And The Stage is an absolute masterpiece.

Afterlife is my #1 favorite song by them, probably ever. I'd say Bat Country, but I've been in love with Afterlife's riff since the first time I heard it. 🥰

Reactions: redlipsofdeceit

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    I've been thinking about this hard for the last 20 or so minutes. I'm probably going to have to go with Nightmare being my favorite album and Buried Alive being my favorite song although that probably changes day by day haha. Nightmare in my opinion displays part of what makes A7X great. They know how to write great clean style sing along type songs that have a heavy meaning to them ala So Far Away. They also know when and how to bring down the metal hammer to get you ready to break shit. God Hates Us being a prime example. Buried Alive is an excellent merge between these to key parts. They've done a great job of merging the two throughout their career but Nightmare to me is just great after great after great songs. It was also if I remember right the first A7X album I listened to from start to finish.

G

Gemma G.S.

Favorite album is VERY close between The Stage, City of Evil, and Nightmare - probably in that order. Favorite song right now might be Paradigm, but Save Me and Victim are not usually far behind.

UGH Paradigm is SO good. It's groovy, and heavy, and just such an absolute banger. It reminds me a lot of their older, thrashier stuff, but more refined if that makes sense. Brooks' drum work on that one in particular is superb.

• Love
    Reactions: Ed Seith

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Betrayed one of my favorites, I really like the first 3 albums for different reasons. Nightmare I liked the least, my experience, I hadn't listen to a7x in a while, was literally living that clip at that moment and was able to go online for a bit, I looked up a7x and saw the clip and freaked out. Felt like it was a reflection or something
    Walk is my favorite cover

Andy Schultz

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Whidbey Island, Wa, US
    www.youtube.com
    For me now I'd say The Stage is my fav album, with City of Evil being a close second. Paradigm is my current favorite song. Syn's solo on that song is awesome! Also that shuffle groove Brooks plays, not to mention the lyrics.

"I'm clawing my skin but I can't feel it inside. I know the agony of pain would hurt so much better"