• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Intermediate Find that Chord!!

Intermediate Theory

Muz Malek

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Singapore
www.instagram.com
Hey Synners!

I'm not sure if anyone had shared this before, but I came across this really cool website where it allows you to find out the name of the chord that you play on the guitar just by selecting the frets & open strings, and so on.

Check it out right here! >> Chord Analyzer

Once you've picked the notes, they'll offer alternative names, which may help you to realize "Oh, this chord shape actually derived from this major chord" and so on.

Have fun trying!

**Edit: I've labeled the thread to "Intermediate" level not to scare off beginners, but it's highly encouraged that you clear the "Beginner" and "Intermediate" levels in SGS so that you have a better understanding on what goes on behind the chord family. Especially useful if you wish to lay out chords for composition/arrangement and be sure that you are putting the "right" chords.

Last edited:

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    IMG_2048qqqqfg.jpg

there's a couple more chords and haven't completely worked it out yet, but it's a riff i would like to save

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    You translated the page to English, right?

Don't worry. It doesn't mean anything. It's probably an auto full-stop or something when translated from German to English.
    yeah translated it doesn't have periods on some of the chords so not sure what it is, i still need to work on learning the names and notes
    are you able to play these notes back? just wondering, i got to go to sleep, ttyl

edit:
    just looked around i can;t find chords with periods in them
    tried searching for the chords, but they are wrong

Last edited:
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Chris Johnston

Music Theory Bragger
  • Nov 11, 2019
    North Ayrshire, Scotland
    Hey Muz! Thanks for sharing this resource. To anyone using it, just make sure that you hit the 'Analyzer' button before typing in your chords - as if you don't it will give you names like 'Am7th & A7th' - nobody calls these chords those names - they are 'Am7 & A7' - it's a small but important detail, 'cause if you name your chords like that people will know you used a program :LOL: - Reminds me of the time I put a whole essay into google translate into French for My French teacher and got busted! 🥠

Synner Endless Summer Collection