• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

First Solo

Lulua7x

Free Bird Player
Apr 17, 2020
Every challenge is a hurdle. As soon as you have completed a hurdle, you have progressed a little further!

Cheddar cheesey analogy there! But I think the frustration is part of progressing! Keep practicing!
Wow no it's not cheesy it's so true . Very relatable to the situation, and thank you! Everyone here plays amazing but you're one of the greatest players I've seen here, and you explain very well and clearly. Didn't know frustration was a sign of progressing:) , thanks again and I will! Hope u do too ❤

Reactions: Ben newton

Ben newton

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
www.instagram.com
Thank you!

Just to clarify with frustration, we can quite easily turn frustration into determination. I'd encourage anyone who feels the frustration to take a moment to pause, breath, and repeat if necessary and try again. But frustration can also cause us to go punk rock on our instruments. If helpful, just refer to that analogy and turn frustration into determination!

Lulua7x

Free Bird Player
Apr 17, 2020
Thank you!

Just to clarify with frustration, we can quite easily turn frustration into determination. I'd encourage anyone who feels the frustration to take a moment to pause, breath, and repeat if necessary and try again. But frustration can also cause us to go punk rock on our instruments. If helpful, just refer to that analogy and turn frustration into determination!
Okayy, I surely will, it makes sense, and youre very welcome ❤ I mean it

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Adin Shepherd

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
I found it really hard for me to learn my first solo and get a grip on myself while doing that so I got frustrated but I remembered advice about not getting frustrated from a good friend here, I'm not gonna give up cuz I know I'll get there❤

Keep at it, sometimes it helps to break it down into bite size pieces, rather than trying to learn the whole piece at once.

Which solo are you working on?

Lulua7x

Free Bird Player
Apr 17, 2020
Keep at it, sometimes it helps to break it down into bite size pieces, rather than trying to learn the whole piece at once.

Which solo are you working on?
Thanks, yea I broke it down to 3-4 notes till I master em and then continue, so youre gonna laugh because you're gonna find the solo I'm working on simple but I just find the transitions and finding the strings or even having a uni hand position hard, it's smells like teen spirit Kurt's solo

Reactions: Adin Shepherd

Adin Shepherd

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Thanks, yea I broke it down to 3-4 notes till I master em and then continue, so youre gonna laugh because you're gonna find the solo I'm working on simple but I just find the transitions and finding the strings or even having a uni hand position hard, it's smells like teen spirit Kurt's solo

A great choice for your first solo!

Everything we do is difficult until it isn't anymore, at some point everybody here would have struggled learning that solo. Keep up the practice and I am sure you will have it nailed in no time, don't be afraid to ask for help and advice if you need it.

• Love
Reactions: AGA and Lulua7x

Lulua7x

Free Bird Player
Apr 17, 2020
A great choice for your first solo!

Everything we do is difficult until it isn't anymore, at some point everybody here would have struggled learning that solo. Keep up the practice and I am sure you will have it nailed in no time, don't be afraid to ask for help and advice if you need it.
Thanks so much!:love: and thank you so much for understanding

Reactions: Adin Shepherd

Kim

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
I understand your feeling, i have it sometimes too. Rhythm goes pretty ok, but solo/fingerstyle, keep finding it diificult to get it really good. Smells like was my first solo too and still i am not satisfied totally with how i play it. I uploaded a video of me practising a solo here and got really nice feedback. I was also afraid that it was too bad too upload, but im glad i did it.
Another nice solo to learn, without bending (which i find diffucult to get rigt tone) is Warmness on the soul

Keep it up!

Lulua7x

Free Bird Player
Apr 17, 2020
I understand your feeling, i have it sometimes too. Rhythm goes pretty ok, but solo/fingerstyle, keep finding it diificult to get it really good. Smells like was my first solo too and still i am not satisfied totally with how i play it. I uploaded a video of me practising a solo here and got really nice feedback. I was also afraid that it was too bad too upload, but im glad i did it.
Another nice solo to learn, without bending (which i find diffucult to get rigt tone) is Warmness on the soul

Keep it up!
Thanks for being so understanding. Yes, true, the fingers' position is hard but i'm kinda creating my own/what works best for me. Oh haha you too, highfive, yea I figured many guitarist metalheads' first solo is smells like teen spirit, not gonna lie it sounds great and feels amazing when u play the right notes, I'm sure u sound great anyway and everyone here is nice yea, the tone? Like u mean tuning?
Thanks u too!

Reactions: Kim

Kim

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Thanks for being so understanding. Yes, true, the fingers' position is hard but i'm kinda creating my own/what works best for me. Oh haha you too, highfive, yea I figured many guitarist metalheads' first solo is smells like teen spirit, not gonna lie it sounds great and feels amazing when u play the right notes, I'm sure u sound great anyway and everyone here is nice yea, the tone? Like u mean tuning?
Thanks u too!
I mean getting right note when u bend, like a full or a half step, difficult to get the right tone/note out of it, not know of i use the right word 😁