• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Floyd Rose 1500 series

Muz Malek

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Singapore
www.instagram.com
Hey Synners!

As far as I know, the Floyd Rose 1500 so far has been very exclusive to only Schecter Guitars, with the exception that Jackson has one too but only on the Jeff Loomis signature(he probably wanted to bring it over when he made the switch).

I've been trying to contact both Schecter(even on their IG live) & Floyd Rose, the latter, especially, numerous times to ask why the Floyd Rose 1500 is not displayed anywhere on their page nor seem to be for sale for us consumers to purchase, but so far neither had responded. They've been promptly replying all my other queries, but seem to be avoiding the Floyd Rose 1500 question. I am very, very, very keen to replace all my older Schecters with the Floyd Rose 1500, but it doesn't seem I could purchase the standalone part anywhere, not even via the Floyd Rose website.

Anyone has any info on this?

To Syn & PG, hopefully you guys can look into this too :LOL: I freaking love the Floyd Rose 1500!

Cheers!

Last edited:

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    It's the newest one isn't it? I saw Syn got it on the Dark Knight, it's probably a special prototype and a bit exclusive.
    I thought I remembered reading something like that it was special
    It's not a prototype. I believe it's just limited to Schecter and the one instance with Jeff Loomis's signature. The difference being that a few of the parts in the bridge are swapped out for stainless steel parts instead so it's less likely to rust/get corroded heavily over time. I'm curious why they aren't used on other companies models as well. That seems like a pretty nice upgrade to the standard Floyd.

Reactions: William B.

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    It's not a prototype. I believe it's just limited to Schecter and the one instance with Jeff Loomis's signature. The difference being that a few of the parts in the bridge are swapped out for stainless steel parts instead so it's less likely to rust/get corroded heavily over time. I'm curious why they aren't used on other companies models as well. That seems like a pretty nice upgrade to the standard Floyd.
    I thought it was something special for Synyster and new, could also be a special project between the companies. Like Schecter requested a special one for their guitars only. I don't know about gear, just read about the Dark Knight 1 time
    spilt my coffee writing this, got lucky, could have ruined all my stuff

Last edited:
    Reactions: Donovan Etue

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    I thought it was something special for Synyster and new, could also be a special project between the companies. Like Schecter requested a special one for their guitars only. I don't know about gear, just read about the Dark Knight 1 time
    spilt my coffee writing this, got lucky, could have ruined all my stuff
    Nope! Nothing super special anyway. Could be it's just a special deal between Schecter and Floyd Rose to give them an edge in the market maybe? Not sure. My Schecter E-1 has the FR 1500 in it as well. Glad you didn't hurt yourself or damage any of your stuff dude!

Reactions: William B.

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Nope! Nothing super special anyway. Could be it's just a special deal between Schecter and Floyd Rose to give them an edge in the market maybe? Not sure. My Schecter E-1 has the FR 1500 in it as well. Glad you didn't hurt yourself or damage any of your stuff dude!
    yeah thanks, i put my coffee next to my mouse and it's next to that electric cord thing where i plug everything into and my keyboard next to it as well, cool way to feel lucky, maybe i'll buy a scratcher :D

gona see what a E-1 is, sounds like an airplane

just checked it out, that's a nice shape, chris got one like that too and i saw james hetfield play it on a recent video was shared on the forum. i think the schecter one has a bit more corners

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Saraceal

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Jan 14, 2021
    New Jersey
    Hey! Just in case you're open to other options...if you're looking for 1500's but can't find any, I would recommend the Floyd Rose Hot Rod model. I got one on my custom Dunable R2 guitar, and it's fantastic. It has stainless steel screws and already has a tone block installed as well (which I love). Definitely a great product. Good luck on trying to find some 1500's tho!

Reactions: Jacques

daddydave68

New Student
    Mar 7, 2023
    Hey Synners!

As far as I know, the Floyd Rose 1500 so far has been very exclusive to only Schecter Guitars, with the exception that Jackson has one too but only on the Jeff Loomis signature(he probably wanted to bring it over when he made the switch).

I've been trying to contact both Schecter(even on their IG live) & Floyd Rose, the latter, especially, numerous times to ask why the Floyd Rose 1500 is not displayed anywhere on their page nor seem to be for sale for us consumers to purchase, but so far neither had responded. They've been promptly replying all my other queries, but seem to be avoiding the Floyd Rose 1500 question. I am very, very, very keen to replace all my older Schecters with the Floyd Rose 1500, but it doesn't seem I could purchase the standalone part anywhere, not even via the Floyd Rose website.

Anyone has any info on this?

To Syn & PG, hopefully you guys can look into this too :LOL: I freaking love the Floyd Rose 1500!

Cheers!
    I'm not sure where it came from, but I just bought a bc rich warlock extreme that has a 1500 that the previous owner had replaced the 1000 with. I effing love it!