• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Floyd rose 1500

Solution
Now that Ed has bestowed upon me the ancient wisdom, I'll answer your question in the best way I know how...

I personally don't have patience for a locking system in any way shape or form. If I need to alter the tuning on the guitar or change the strings, I take it to my guitar tech.

But THAT'S because of my own personal choice.

However, let me say this...

I had both of my Dark Night and Black Moon guitars sitting on my guitar boat for 7 months after I got their setup done and new strings. This was because they were put into drop C and drop Db for my original songs but I needed to learn an entire set list for another project in standard tuning, so I used my Gibson.

About three weeks ago I went to pick them up to start in the...

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I have never actually owned a guitar with a Floyd Rose branded bridge. All of mine have been FR *licensed* Ibanez Edge. That said, the FR 1500 is what is on all the floating guitars Syn plays, including the ones that Jak has, so she is better qualified to speak to whether or not they stay in tune (hint: they do).

Upvote 0

JakAngelescu

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Aug 12, 2022
    I have never actually owned a guitar with a Floyd Rose branded bridge. All of mine have been FR *licensed* Ibanez Edge. That said, the FR 1500 is what is on all the floating guitars Syn plays, including the ones that Jak has, so she is better qualified to speak to whether or not they stay in tune (hint: they do).
    Darn I don't even know my own guitar😂😂😭😭

Thanks for that, Ed! 🙏

• Haha
    Reactions: Ed Seith
    Upvote 0

JakAngelescu

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Aug 12, 2022
    Now that Ed has bestowed upon me the ancient wisdom, I'll answer your question in the best way I know how...

I personally don't have patience for a locking system in any way shape or form. If I need to alter the tuning on the guitar or change the strings, I take it to my guitar tech.

But THAT'S because of my own personal choice.

However, let me say this...

I had both of my Dark Night and Black Moon guitars sitting on my guitar boat for 7 months after I got their setup done and new strings. This was because they were put into drop C and drop Db for my original songs but I needed to learn an entire set list for another project in standard tuning, so I used my Gibson.

About three weeks ago I went to pick them up to start in the studio again and they weren't out of tune at all. Not even one bit.

So after 7 months of just sitting there through temperature changes, not one tuning problem. Even after playing on them for 4 hours that night, I didn't have to tune them once🙂

Upvote 0
    Solution
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

mschudzinski

Campfire Attention Holder
    Legend+
    Nov 29, 2022
    I've got a few 1000 series, and I've never had any issues. Included a black and gold Syn custom s. I bought the new one (comes with the 1500) and it will be here tomorrow, so if anyone is interested I can comment on the difference between the two if noticeable. I would expect it to maybe have better tone or sustain overall since it has higher steel content and should be heavier.

Upvote 0