• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Fretting hand control

Dismemberer

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Oct 16, 2021
I've been playing for 20 months mostly online and I was learning a lick recently and it's making me doubt that I have flying fingers or uncontrolled fretting hand where you fail to keep fingers near the fretboard. I don't know if my fretting technique really is like that or maybe this problem is occurring in this lick only. So I have attached some videos to the thread for you guys to watch and tell me if I really have an uncontrolled fretting hand or maybe it is only happening in that lick. The first 2 videos are of me playing some chromatics and some riffs and licks. The third is where I'm facing the issue of flying fingers especially at higher speeds. I'll include link to the original creator's YouTube video if anyone wants to learn the lick.
Thanks. Youtube video::

My playing :

tough lick:

Last edited:

Dismemberer

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Oct 16, 2021
I've been playing for 20 months mostly online and I was learning a lick recently and it's making me doubt that I have flying fingers or uncontrolled fretting hand where you fail to keep fingers near the fretboard. I don't know if my fretting technique really is like that or maybe this problem is occurring in this lick only. So I have attached some videos to the thread for you guys to watch and tell me if I really have an uncontrolled fretting hand or maybe it is only happening in that lick. The first 2 videos are of me playing some chromatics and some riffs and licks. The third is where I'm facing the issue of flying fingers especially at higher speeds. I'll include link to the original creator's YouTube video if anyone wants to learn the lick.
Thanks. Youtube video::

My playing :

tough lick:
Sorry guys I forgot to make them public but someone already helped me out. Thanks by the way :)

Reactions: AdLeIaVdE
Upvote 0