• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT THE ROCKSTAR STUDENT AWARD

J

Jak Angelescu

Hello students!

Please don't forget about the Rockstar Student Award! For as many students as I'm seeing having issues with their growth on here or struggling to learn their favorite A7X song I'm really stunned that not more people are participating in this. As of right now, there have been the same three students neck-and-neck with winning first place. But as soon as things get going, they fall off after about a week of productivity. If I have to combine the first and second place award together and issue it evenly between even five students, I will do it. But I don't want to. (I DO know there is a certain student who is busy with a certain endeavor and I have already taken their past progress and growth into account for sure)

I'm going to be honest here. This hurts a lot. I worked really hard and had the team behind the school set this up because it was a dream of mine to give something like this back to the community. I got the fucking Black Moon guitar because of my hard work, and you all came together and supported me and cheered for me. I really, really, REALLY want another student to feel the gratification I felt when that happened. The amount of emails back and forth, tech work, hours spent negotiating, designing the flier, reaching out to Bill and Hector, and more ALL went into this. I'm sitting on a $1,000 prize and no one wants to take charge and claim it. I designed it and dreamed it, YOU GUYS got it this far. Now it just needs a few hardworking winners.

I will never forget dreaming about making this happen before I even became an admin. I waited for almost a year until I got on good terms with Syn so that I knew I could offer such an idea. Not only did he like it, he LOVED it. The light turned green on the project and I immediately went to work. And the school was ecstatic for one week then went silent.

So if you need help with guitar, you want to learn an A7X song, and you really want some mad Syn gear, here's what you do.

1. Take a few lessons on here
2. Post up what you learned/how they helped you in video/forum format
3. Cheer your other students on
4. Post progress videos from the lessons

That's it. And you'll win...

1. A $500 SGS gift card
2. A month of private lessons with Bill Hudson of Northtale, Trans Siberian Orchestra, endorsed by ESP and featured in Guitar World "Betcha Can't Play This" and was taught by Kiko Loureiro (guitar virtuoso for Megadeth and more)
3. A month of private lessons from Hector Trejo to learn any A7X song of your choice

OR

1. A $100 SGS gift card
2. ONE lesson with Hector Trejo to learn any A7X song of your choice

I really want to see consistency. A few students get on the ball and then they sort of stop. But regardless, I'm giving 30 days now. If I have to break up the award I will. But I don't want to. I'll announce the Winner(s) July 30th! Also, please don't think I'm being "harsh" or "unrealistic". The criteria to win is not difficult and we all should be doing this anyway. If you have time to respond to 20 different forums and post 5 covers a week, you have time to work on your self growth. I've extended the deadline now THREE times to allow students to keep trying. But after July 30th it's over. So I wish you all the best.

Good luck everyone!

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
Indiana
I understand Jak, and honestly i agree. I browse on here an awful lot bc 90% of my time is spent at work right now, and im honestly tired of seeing nothing but people trying to advertise their youtube or instagram channels. Like, almost all the videos on the riff page are from people saying “check out my youtube and my new LP and subscribe!!” Like no thats not what this is for. Then the rest here are the select few that actually post their progress videos (Alicia, Dom, Mariler) off the top of my head) and they’re doing great. And honesty if you didnt already have the lessons with Bill and organized all this id say you should win it Jak! 😂 id love to put forth the effort to apply the lessons to videos and make examples but at the end of my day i just cant get the time, but thats not the case with a lot of people on the site. Gotta step it up, especially beginners! Theres a few in mind that i think if they put in the effort they could make amazing progress! Sorry I haven’t really participated, and im all for this to be a reality. I’ll try myself but i cant promise anything😅

Last edited:
J

Jak Angelescu

I understand Jak, and honestly i agree. I browse on here an awful lot bc 90% of my time is spent at work right now, and im honestly tired of seeing nothing but people trying to advertise their youtube or instagram channels. Like, almost all the videos on the riff page are from people saying “check out my youtube and my new LP and subscribe!!” Like no thats not what this is for. Then the rest here are the select few that actually post their progress videos (Alicia, Dom, Mariler) off the top of my head) and they’re doing great. And honesty if you didnt already have the lessons with Bill and organized all this id say you should win it Jak! 😂 id love to put forth the effort to apply the lessons to videos and make examples but at the end of my day i just cant get the time, but thats not the case with a lot of people on the site. Gotta step it up, especially beginners! Theres a few in mind that i think if they put in the effort they could make amazing progress! Sorry I haven’t really participated, and im all for this to be a reality. I’ll try myself but i cant promise anything😅

I totally get it. I think you've been doing great regardless of how hard you're working. And I will honestly admit that life comes first, you know? I just don't know what it's going to take to engage the students. And the only reason why I try to get them more interactive is because I'm trying to inspire people to get a little bit more out of the guitar. When I constantly kept seeing people being confused about the lessons, I started the whole "milking the lessons" series. Which no one except two people really cared. Then I started issuing contests. Didn't really matter either. It's like pulling teeth to get the students to take the lessons but then they'll take to the forums and say "I'm not getting any better, why?"
Now I'm not saying students can't ask for help. But take some initiative. If you're having issues with sweeping, maybe you should try watching the sweep lessons on here first from the bonafied professionals that do this for a living. I've seen some students openly say "Oh I'm just lazy." Well, stop fucking being lazy. I even had some students say "I forget the lessons are even there."

It's not necessarily about activity amount, but activity quality. I see more people on here socializing in the forums more than anything. And that's fine. It really is! Spend your time how you see fit. But I'd rather see one student post one 2-minute video every month about what they learned from the school than 10 professionally edited covers a day.

I don't know. I really appreciate your feedback. I just had to be open and honest about how I feel towards all of this. I just want people to be brave and take that leap, get a little better, play a song for a family member, go to a jam, learn a new lesson. Anything. Love you, man. You're always the greatest!

Synner Endless Summer Collection
J

Jak Angelescu

Ugghh i wish I could participate in this but my anxiety has gone crazy and I haven’t played guitar in a while or done anything I loved I’ve been having a really rough year. I was looking forward to finally posting a vid of me playing but I’m gonna have to put it off :(
Girl you know I love you. And I know you struggle with crippling anxiety. If you can't participate, there's no pressure or hate for sure. But if you want it, I sure as hell would love to see you smash those demons aside and get something you wonderfully deserve!

Kim

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Hey Jak I understand how you feel. Your previous post made me come out of my comfort zone and start posting videos, where I talk about what I do. Before I wouldnt show my guitar playing, especially not with my face in it :) So your post motivated me to do it and the replies I got where awesome. So many kind reactions. It made it easier for me to post again.

Last 2 weeks it was sooo hot in my guitarroom to play guitar, sweaty hands and better wheater to sit in the garden . Now its raining again and colder, so picked guitar up this weekend again.

I read your post just before I got to go to sleep and I was thinking for a while what can I do to show what Im practising on, which lesson, what is something I keep struggling with. For me its working with a metronome, I just cant get it right. So decided to make a video about it, probably practising with metronome with a part of song im currently learning (intro of And Justice for all).

Btw what I dont like is all the people here just posting a cover and never react to anybody else or do anything on the forum, its too bad that sometimes those videos overwhelme the media section.

Ok, another month, I will do my best! :) Thanks anyway for this great opportunity, its really appreciated!

Last edited:
J

Jak Angelescu

Hey Jak I understand how you feel. Your previous post made me come out of my comfort zone and start posting videos, where I talk about what I do. Before I wouldnt show my guitar playing, especially not with my face in it :) So your post motivated me to do it and the replies I got where awesome. So many kind reactions. It made it esier for me to post again.

Last 2 weeks it was sooo hot in my guitarroom to play guitar, sweaty hands and better wheater to sit in the garden . Now its raining again and colder, so picked guitar up this weekend again.

I read your post just before I got to go to sleep and I was thinking for a while what can I do to show what Im practising on, which lesson, what is something I keep struggling with. For me its working with a metronome, I just cant get it right. So decided to make a video about it, probably practising with metronome with a part of song im currently learning (intro of Ans Justice for all).

Btw what I dont like is all the people here just posting a cover and never react to anybody else or do anything on the forum, its too bad that sometimes those videos overwhelme the media section.

Ok, another month, I will do my best! :) Thanks anyway for this great opportunity, its really appreciated!
Kim I'm really glad to hear I motivated you. Because your videos put the biggest smile on my face as it was exactly what I wanted to see! And yes, about the Media page. I'm currently working on something to monitor that. I look forward to your future work!

• Love
Reactions: Ed Seith and Kim

Andrew Milner

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    Meh, I think all of this depends on many factors. I for one, to my credit, started learning Afterlife. However, I came to the conclusion that I enjoy doing my own original stuff more. Hence why I stopped uploading after like the first video or something.

I get why people only advertising their channel annoying if this is their only contribution to the website. I understand that the idea of the website is to interact with one another, which is why I hang around here as much, to be honest :LOL:. It's fun to see how everyone is on their own journey and to see how it evolves.

Anxiety is a bitch though. It took me 10 years to finally say f**k it, let's start uploading music, if I like it, someone else will as well. People in the music world are notoriously picky. And rock music fans are the worst (look up any average rock fan's opinion on Greta van Fleet and you'll see exactly what I mean).

And people judging your guitar skills are the worst. Yeah, it's not the case here, because it'd be really weird to start trash-talking people on a website built by an actually amazing guitarist, where both he and his father are actively engaging in conversation. I mean...yeah. But it takes more than 3 people saying this in a thread to help people get rid of their anxiety. And it takes months or years to work on that.

Honestly, I was always debating on adding some musical riff ideas I've had over the years here. I also had an idea for a songwriting weekly-ish challenge to post here for everyone. I don't have enough time for it all :LOL:. I need a bloody cloning machine for everything to run as fast as I want it to.

And another thing is that I don't think people are willing to put that much effort into stuff these days. Being a good musician takes an enormous amount of time, and not everyone wants to put that effort in, day-in and day-out. That's not a bad thing per se, it's just reality.

The reason you only see 3 people is that they are willing to put the effort in. The trick is to find that motivating factor to keep you going. Some people are able to find it and some are not. Again, not a bad thing, but that's just the way it is.

My 2c on the matter.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    The thing for me is mostly that the lessons don't really offer what I'm interested in right now and I refuse to do the lessons simply because it may give me a prize. I mean I could practice some etudes or take a look at the hybrid picking and what not but that would also take away the time I can spend on practicing gypsy jazz,doing my metal minutes and making the harmony lessons with the tutorial so I don't really do it unfortunately 😅

I'd rather have someone else win instead of someone like me who just is gonna go through the lessons for the sake of winning a prize. It's a great prize but I'm a little bit more driven by intrinsic motivation tbh 😅

J

Jak Angelescu

Meh, I think all of this depends on many factors. I for one, to my credit, started learning Afterlife. However, I came to the conclusion that I enjoy doing my own original stuff more. Hence why I stopped uploading after like the first video or something.

I get why people only advertising their channel annoying if this is their only contribution to the website. I understand that the idea of the website is to interact with one another, which is why I hang around here as much, to be honest :LOL:. It's fun to see how everyone is on their own journey and to see how it evolves.

Anxiety is a bitch though. It took me 10 years to finally say f**k it, let's start uploading music, if I like it, someone else will as well. People in the music world are notoriously picky. And rock music fans are the worst (look up any average rock fan's opinion on Greta van Fleet and you'll see exactly what I mean).

And people judging your guitar skills are the worst. Yeah, it's not the case here, because it'd be really weird to start trash-talking people on a website built by an actually amazing guitarist, where both he and his father are actively engaging in conversation. I mean...yeah. But it takes more than 3 people saying this in a thread to help people get rid of their anxiety. And it takes months or years to work on that.

Honestly, I was always debating on adding some musical riff ideas I've had over the years here. I also had an idea for a songwriting weekly-ish challenge to post here for everyone. I don't have enough time for it all :LOL:. I need a bloody cloning machine for everything to run as fast as I want it to.

And another thing is that I don't think people are willing to put that much effort into stuff these days. Being a good musician takes an enormous amount of time, and not everyone wants to put that effort in, day-in and day-out. That's not a bad thing per se, it's just reality.

The reason you only see 3 people is that they are willing to put the effort in. The trick is to find that motivating factor to keep you going. Some people are able to find it and some are not. Again, not a bad thing, but that's just the way it is.

My 2c on the matter.

I'm definitely glad you got over your hump of anxiety enough to post some things. And I definitely want to iterate that growth is important, no matter how you're doing it. Ids down below me just informed me he's in Robin Nolan's school. And he's definitely ALWAYS posting up what he's learned. Dominik Graber is another student who told me, "I'm finding my growth is coming more from the community than the lessons."
    And I LOVE that. I really, really do! I would never want to discriminate or lambast someone for how they improve. But this specific award was issued to try to encourage recognition and utilization of the lessons on here, which I have noticed are far too forgotten. If someone doesn't feel the lessons are beneficial for their growth, they simply don't participate. But if this is the case, I find it very saddening that out of over 40,000 students only 4-5 find the lessons beneficial. AND, if they DON'T find them beneficial, we (the staff) need to know why. Is it how the lessons are delivered? Are they confusing? Is there something different you'd like to see added? We try our hardest to give the students what they want :)
    As far as commitment to music goes; I agree with you 100%. I loved your thoughts on this as I found it very true. I would like to simplify what I see on here...

Student: gets upset they're not improving
    says they don't have enough time to do the lessons or enough time to post a video asking for help
    proceeds to randomly ask "I can't get this, why?"
    student body: "You could try this, this and this. Post up a video and do this lesson so we can see what you're doing wrong."
    student: doesn't do anything
    student: spends at least 30 minutes a day going back and forth on forums about random things like guitar players and favorite songs
    student: repeats cycle

That's what I'm trying to break. But I definitely agree. And I don't want ANY student to feel like they have to post religiously and practice for 5 hours a day to win. That's not it at all. This was just a contest trying to redirect the attention and time spent from the community aspect back to the learning aspect. I definitely don't want anyone to feel like they're not important if they can't or don't have the time to post as often as someone else.

J

Jak Angelescu

The thing for me is mostly that the lessons don't really offer what I'm interested in right now and I refuse to do the lessons simply because it may give me a prize. I mean I could practice some etudes or take a look at the hybrid picking and what not but that would also take away the time I can spend on practicing gypsy jazz,doing my metal minutes and making the harmony lessons with the tutorial so I don't really do it unfortunately 😅

I'd rather have someone else win instead of someone like me who just is gonna go through the lessons for the sake of winning a prize. It's a great prize but I'm a little bit more driven by intrinsic motivation tbh 😅

You're a very good person in that aspect, Ids. I really do appreciate your honesty. There WILL be a time when I issue something that is just simply based off of improvement and what you've learned, no matter where or how you've learned it. Just for this one, I wanted to try to redirect the attention back to the lessons. You are constantly posting up stuff you've learned and being a part of this community and offering incredible feedback. And I want you to know that Syn, Papa and I definitely do notice you for that :)

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Nov 11, 2019
    Indiana
    I totally get it. I think you've been doing great regardless of how hard you're working. And I will honestly admit that life comes first, you know? I just don't know what it's going to take to engage the students. And the only reason why I try to get them more interactive is because I'm trying to inspire people to get a little bit more out of the guitar. When I constantly kept seeing people being confused about the lessons, I started the whole "milking the lessons" series. Which no one except two people really cared. Then I started issuing contests. Didn't really matter either. It's like pulling teeth to get the students to take the lessons but then they'll take to the forums and say "I'm not getting any better, why?"
    Now I'm not saying students can't ask for help. But take some initiative. If you're having issues with sweeping, maybe you should try watching the sweep lessons on here first from the bonafied professionals that do this for a living. I've seen some students openly say "Oh I'm just lazy." Well, stop fucking being lazy. I even had some students say "I forget the lessons are even there."

It's not necessarily about activity amount, but activity quality. I see more people on here socializing in the forums more than anything. And that's fine. It really is! Spend your time how you see fit. But I'd rather see one student post one 2-minute video every month about what they learned from the school than 10 professionally edited covers a day.

I don't know. I really appreciate your feedback. I just had to be open and honest about how I feel towards all of this. I just want people to be brave and take that leap, get a little better, play a song for a family member, go to a jam, learn a new lesson. Anything. Love you, man. You're always the greatest!
    that means a lot to hear you say that, Jak! Thank you! Life definitely comes first, bills still need paid after all haha.

but i couldnt have said it better myself! And you have every right to have high standards and strong feelings about this! And honestly, i agree theres a certain point where you gotta make the time for it if you truly want to get better, even if its only watching a video to understand theory (which i do ALOT on break at work 😂) or sitting down for 15-30 minutes to run through the scales to keep them memorized. Like anyone who has ever achieved anything, its all about how bad you want it. Love ya, Jak! Always around if ya need to talk or vent, might take a minute to reply but i‘ll get to it eventually. Party on 🤘

J

Jak Angelescu

that means a lot to hear you say that, Jak! Thank you! Life definitely comes first, bills still need paid after all haha.

but i couldnt have said it better myself! And you have every right to have high standards and strong feelings about this! And honestly, i agree theres a certain point where you gotta make the time for it if you truly want to get better, even if its only watching a video to understand theory (which i do ALOT on break at work 😂) or sitting down for 15-30 minutes to run through the scales to keep them memorized. Like anyone who has ever achieved anything, its all about how bad you want it. Love ya, Jak! Always around if ya need to talk or vent, might take a minute to reply but i‘ll get to it eventually. Party on 🤘

AHHH you're the greatest man, I love you! I'm so glad you get where I'm coming from because I wanted to post this and thought "I'm going to get the whole 'you're being a bitch' in 3...2...1."
    I love it too, while Syn has his tech team I'm recruiting a venting team :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: you, Alicia, Ed, Ailee and Rowan have definitely been my grouching bags and I love everyone dearly for it.

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    Hello students!

Please don't forget about the Rockstar Student Award! For as many students as I'm seeing having issues with their growth on here or struggling to learn their favorite A7X song I'm really stunned that not more people are participating in this. As of right now, there have been the same three students neck-and-neck with winning first place. But as soon as things get going, they fall off after about a week of productivity. If I have to combine the first and second place award together and issue it evenly between even five students, I will do it. But I don't want to. (I DO know there is a certain student who is busy with a certain endeavor and I have already taken their past progress and growth into account for sure)

I'm going to be honest here. This hurts a lot. I worked really hard and had the team behind the school set this up because it was a dream of mine to give something like this back to the community. I got the fucking Black Moon guitar because of my hard work, and you all came together and supported me and cheered for me. I really, really, REALLY want another student to feel the gratification I felt when that happened. The amount of emails back and forth, tech work, hours spent negotiating, designing the flier, reaching out to Bill and Hector, and more ALL went into this. I'm sitting on a $1,000 prize and no one wants to take charge and claim it. I designed it and dreamed it, YOU GUYS got it this far. Now it just needs a few hardworking winners.

I will never forget dreaming about making this happen before I even became an admin. I waited for almost a year until I got on good terms with Syn so that I knew I could offer such an idea. Not only did he like it, he LOVED it. The light turned green on the project and I immediately went to work. And the school was ecstatic for one week then went silent.

So if you need help with guitar, you want to learn an A7X song, and you really want some mad Syn gear, here's what you do.

1. Take a few lessons on here
    2. Post up what you learned/how they helped you in video/forum format
    3. Cheer your other students on
    4. Post progress videos from the lessons

That's it. And you'll win...

1. A $500 SGS gift card
    2. A month of private lessons with Bill Hudson of Northtale, Trans Siberian Orchestra, endorsed by ESP and featured in Guitar World "Betcha Can't Play This" and was taught by Kiko Loureiro (guitar virtuoso for Megadeth and more)
    3. A month of private lessons from Hector Trejo to learn any A7X song of your choice

OR

1. A $100 SGS gift card
    2. ONE lesson with Hector Trejo to learn any A7X song of your choice

I really want to see consistency. A few students get on the ball and then they sort of stop. But regardless, I'm giving 30 days now. If I have to break up the award I will. But I don't want to. I'll announce the Winner(s) July 30th! Also, please don't think I'm being "harsh" or "unrealistic". The criteria to win is not difficult and we all should be doing this anyway. If you have time to respond to 20 different forums and post 5 covers a week, you have time to work on your self growth. I've extended the deadline now THREE times to allow students to keep trying. But after July 30th it's over. So I wish you all the best.

Good luck everyone!
    Somehow I feel aluded as of one of the students that picks up the ball and then drops it. But I gotta be honesto too. I am currently working on another video, I am practicing my ass off to make a lesson regarding freboard knowledge, topic that has been really hard for me. So I got that one coming. I really wanna give back to the school, therefore I try to make videos that offer some sort of advice and insight. Things that PG has not said in the lesson. Sorry if it feels like I dropped the ball, things are just taking more time thant I hope they would....also....life is crazy busy now.

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain

Regarding this, you know what I think is the reason for low useage? (use of) of the school. Its free and because its free people don't value it. Thats my 2 cents.

J

Jak Angelescu

Somehow I feel aluded as of one of the students that picks up the ball and then drops it. But I gotta be honesto too. I am currently working on another video, I am practicing my ass off to make a lesson regarding freboard knowledge, topic that has been really hard for me. So I got that one coming. I really wanna give back to the school, therefore I try to make videos that offer some sort of advice and insight. Things that PG has not said in the lesson. Sorry if it feels like I dropped the ball, things are just taking more time thant I hope they would....also....life is crazy busy now.
    Actually you aren't! And like I said I understand that life happens. There are definitely things that are more important. You've been incredible and I have seen you still make efforts in other ways!🤘🤘

So much truth to this, I've noticed it too. (Not everyone of course) But some people want a magic solution when Syn himself has said "Perfect practice, makes perfect".

If you wanna get better at X technique, watch the lesson for X technique, then practice said technique. Repeat.
    There is no secret to expedite progress, we all need to do our time and earn it.
    Period.

If it takes you longer than other people it doesn't matter.
    If you have a busy life and can only practice for a bit, then make it count.
    Quality practice.
    Progress is progress, no matter how small.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Hey Jak I understand how you feel. Your previous post made me come out of my comfort zone and start posting videos, where I talk about what I do. Before I wouldnt show my guitar playing, especially not with my face in it :) So your post motivated me to do it and the replies I got where awesome. So many kind reactions. It made it easier for me to post again.

I read your post just before I got to go to sleep and I was thinking for a while what can I do to show what Im practising on, which lesson, what is something I keep struggling with. For me its working with a metronome, I just cant get it right. So decided to make a video about it, probably practising with metronome with a part of song im currently learning (intro of And Justice for all).

Im glad you felt more motivated after getting comments. I've been quiet these last few weeks. And rightfully so. I talked with many students about things im dealing with and have had tons of support in that regard so I thank the people who stepped up and reached out to me.

In your words towards the cover and instagram posts advertising their channels.. imo the riff page in its own shouldnt be an advertisement page. And ive openly told some of these posters that they should respect the newbies and not try to bump their advertisements. Some did not like what I had to say some understood. But im glad others notice it. I stopped watching those videos. They don't get views here honestly. Most are guys showing off licks they practiced 500 times before recording the lick anyways.

But back to me. I've advertised a little too (but I try to keep those links in just status updates which I feel is a little different). I'll be honest and say that i know many of you didnt even get passed the first song.. which has almost triple the listens other songs got. If you did and there's a reason you couldn't get passed more (the only criticism ill ignore is quality as i already know about the bass issues. I'll redo these songs after I get some of the newer ones back out.) If you just didn't have a hour its whatever.

As for videos and whatnot. Me and jak talked a lot and there's tons for me to work on so im trying to figure out essentially a good routine for me. I've started by slowing down my sweeps again.. ive noticed a few complications with my picking style and I mentioned it to jak. I know the answer ill get (and the answer say teacher will tell me) but when I slowed it down I found that I can get away with my style but its very very tricky.

As for my theory work.. im gonna start making riffs using g minor and a minor(c major) together. I know them separate but have never tried to join them.considering jak mentioned that to me a few times (and I admit on100% didn't even realize it until she did her live session with her students from bill). In other words jak gave everyone a pretty good bump in gear. Shes always been good for that. One thing i did realize is the school is GETTING BETTER at not relying on jak to say get it in gear. But it looks like momma still isn't happy with the fall that follows.

I guess in the end she's right too. Not really worth learning new covers unless they benefit you. I for sure loved lesrning cradle of filth cause it added more tremolo picking to my playing. Which I honestly think is the reason my picking has improved so much lately. But I've started resorting from covers again and back to my own material after a quick 10 minute jam. And before that jam I tend to do a few sweeps at 90 bpm. From 180 that I did before. Mainly to work on pinky strength during the sweeps. I also found a few places where I bar an extra string without knowing.

Just keep working at it guys.