• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Fun Rhythm Songs?

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Ooh, I wanted to say Paradigm because that one is great fun.

Let's see, whole spectrum I would say the Trooper by Iron maiden(the galloping can be pretty fun), Critical Acclaim, Kill The King by Rainbow, slow dancing in a burning Room By John Mayer, Vultured By John mayer, All along the watchtower by Jimi Hendrix, Cold Shot by Stevie Ray Vaughan, Art Of Shredding by Pantera.

It's just a bunch that came to mind 😅

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Ooh, I wanted to say Paradigm because that one is great fun.

Let's see, whole spectrum I would say the Trooper by Iron maiden(the galloping can be pretty fun), Critical Acclaim, Kill The King by Rainbow, slow dancing in a burning Room By John Mayer, Vultured By John mayer, All along the watchtower by Jimi Hendrix, Cold Shot by Stevie Ray Vaughan, Art Of Shredding by Pantera.

It's just a bunch that came to mind 😅
    Thanks man! Some really good Suggestions I didn't think about!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
    Nov 11, 2019
    Indiana
    Anything from Metallica’s Load and reload albums. Idc what anyone says, those songs are groovy as fuck and not too hard to play at all. King Nothing and fuel are two of my favorites.

Stranger in a strange land is fun as fuck, and a little bit of a challenge, the trooper, hell any iron maiden song is fun. I dont know, Suicide Solution, Flying High again all by ozzy are great too.

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Blackened can be pretty challenging as its done in downstroke picking for most of it but its a really fun song rythm wise
    That shit is HARD. Harder than MoP in my opinion. But honestly looking for something a little more on the rock site, as I did palm muted downpicks a million times by now :money-face:

Reactions: idssdi

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Anything from Metallica’s Load and reload albums. Idc what anyone says, those songs are groovy as fuck and not too hard to play at all. King Nothing and fuel are two of my favorites.

Stranger in a strange land is fun as fuck, and a little bit of a challenge, the trooper, hell any iron maiden song is fun. I dont know, Suicide Solution, Flying High again all by ozzy are great too.
    Oh I almost forgot about them! I think the tone is pretty hard to nail as Kirk gets a little crazy with layers and effects tho

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    Fun rythym songs. I agree with Radu. Blackened is a fun riff once you get it down. It is hard but I wouldn't say it's harder than MoP not the doon dun DUN do doo Dun part anyway. Yeah that part lol. Harvester of Sorrow another fun one. The toughest part for me anyway being James riff under Kirk's solo where he is alternating between 02 35 02 24 power chords. Trying to play that clean has been a bitch for me so far. If you haven't learned The Defiant from Trivium yet it's pretty damn fun. Memento Mori - Lamb of God. Romeo Delight - Van Halen. Angel of Death - Slayer is easier than it sounds. I had most of the rhythm parts down in under two weeks. Solos I can't say as easy as the riffs haha. Burn by Deep Purple is a pretty fun classic too.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Fun rythym songs. I agree with Radu. Blackened is a fun riff once you get it down. It is hard but I wouldn't say it's harder than MoP not the doon dun DUN do doo Dun part anyway. Yeah that part lol. Harvester of Sorrow another fun one. The toughest part for me anyway being James riff under Kirk's solo where he is alternating between 02 35 02 24 power chords. Trying to play that clean has been a bitch for me so far. If you haven't learned The Defiant from Trivium yet it's pretty damn fun. Memento Mori - Lamb of God. Romeo Delight - Van Halen. Angel of Death - Slayer is easier than it sounds. I had most of the rhythm parts down in under two weeks. Solos I can't say as easy as the riffs haha. Burn by Deep Purple is a pretty fun classic too.
    Cool suggestions! But I think I want to go more in the hard rock direction for now

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    This is neither of the Genres you mentioned :ROFLMAO: but it has a sorta Bluesy chord progression. It's great for getting in the pocket with Rhythm playing & practicing rythmic muting between chords. It's it's a chill-as-hell song that gets stuck in your head!
    Gotta check it out!

• Love
    Reactions: Chris Johnston