• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Gear post!

Jesse Salmons

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
Indiana
i thought it would be cool to see what kind of gear you guys have! Any special guitar you just got, or your #1? Amps? Pedals? Lets see it!

right now im using a gibson explorer, through a wah, metal muff w/top boost, into a vox ac30!
my other guitars are a gibson sg and the brendon small snow falcon flying v!

Adam Shea

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Waterloo, Iowa
www.youtube.com
My day to day is an Ormsby guitars Hype 8 string guitar or a Fender American standard Tele into a scarlet interface and just use some plugins from there! I have a Framus Dragon Head and a Carvin Legacy 4x12 and more pedals than I know what to do with for live situations, but for any videos or lessons and whatnot, I pretty much stick to my computer anymore!

Jesse Salmons

Nov 11, 2019
Indiana
I use a Schecter synyster Gates deluxe, a revelation s guitar strat that's based on a 62 strat and a brandless gitane. My amp is a Roland cube. As far as pedals go I always have my mad professor twimble, hall of fame reverb and delay on.
Thats the syn guitar that doesnt have the pinstripes and inlays correct? Im a Gibson guy but schecters are amazing ive always wanted a syn custom-s mostly because i love the look of it and im clearly a huge fan of his. Does it play well?

John Robinson

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Nashville tn.
Thats the syn guitar that doesnt have the pinstripes and inlays correct? Im a Gibson guy but schecters are amazing ive always wanted a syn custom-s mostly because i love the look of it and im clearly a huge fan of his. Does it play well?
Yes they play really well..i have one too..when i practice i dont use my amp and it still sounds amazing

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Jesse Salmons

Nov 11, 2019
Indiana
My day to day is an Ormsby guitars Hype 8 string guitar or a Fender American standard Tele into a scarlet interface and just use some plugins from there! I have a Framus Dragon Head and a Carvin Legacy 4x12 and more pedals than I know what to do with for live situations, but for any videos or lessons and whatnot, I pretty much stick to my computer anymore!
Thats awesome! I’ve toyed with the idea of saving up for a fractal, but i love the idea of building my sound the old fashioned way!

Adam Shea

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Waterloo, Iowa
www.youtube.com
Thats awesome! I’ve toyed with the idea of saving up for a fractal, but i love the idea of building my sound the old fashioned way!
Im currently in the process of saving for a Kemper or Fractal lol. I don't think they're going to replace a real amp anytime soon, but they really are magnificent pieces of technology!

Jesse Salmons

Nov 11, 2019
Indiana
Im currently in the process of saving for a Kemper or Fractal lol. I don't think they're going to replace a real amp anytime soon, but they really are magnificent pieces of technology!
Oh for sure! Honestly ive heard/seen so many of my favorite artists going to/trying out systems such as fractal for live and studio. Metallica, syn, brendon small(dethklok, galaktikon). Seems to be the way the worlds heading, but there’ll always be a need for amps

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    My #1 right now is probably the Kiesel Osiris I just had built. The Ormsby Shark is right up there, too, and the PRS Custom 24 is legendary.
    For amplification I use an AxeFX 2 with Syn’s ISO cab. As a backup, I have a new PRS MT-15 and a 1x12 box loaded with a brand new Celestion V30.
    Bunch of other guitars, but that’s the best stuff.

Reactions: Kfir Yaakovi

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    I mainly use my Schecter C1 Classic modded with a Syn Invader in the Neck and His custom USA Pickup in the Bridge. As far as Pedals Go I use the digitech drop Pedal and also Sometimes use the Plasma Pedal by gamechanger audio. It all goes Into my Boss Katana 100 mkII with Footswitch :)

If you then also Name my LTD in drop D Tuning, my wah Pedal and my Boss Katana Mini, then you already have ALL the Gear of Mine listed :D

Kfir Yaakovi

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Israel
    I got Syn's acoustic, Custom-S with black/gold strips, and the Black Moon. Considering getting the White/Gold in the store but I've spent too much money recently I think I should stop XD
    Regarding amps, I just got the Axe Fx III and using the Syn's ISO cab (Thanks Ed with all the help!), Sennheiser 650HD for the Axe Fx.
    I don't have a speaker yet for the Axe Fx, but I'm considering getting a Friedman FRFR or a PA speaker (Yamaha DXR12)