• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Gear used on early A7X albums: The vault of Fred Archambault

Awex Came

Campfire Attention Holder
May 23, 2021
Oh, man, it's so nice of you to post these gems! Thank you so much!
Fred has a personal A7X museum, and this is so cool! Hahaha
I would love if the livestream with him would happen! The Q&A idea is brilliant. We need to make this happen!
Can't wait to see more!
No problem! Fred's place is great, lots of cool things there. Hopefully he'll be on here one way or another soon enough

• Love
Reactions: redlipsofdeceit

Awex Came

May 23, 2021
There's actually also a custom one that's hardtail:

But I think those models makes sense. Floyd Rose can be a hassle for some more beginners and so having a models that's affordable but is still a signature model is great.

The custom is also great for some who just don't like floyd rose but still want the model. It's also great for some more standard studio use. Syn's signature guitars are fantastic!
I thought there was a custom with a hardtail, I literally googled "Synyster Gates Custom Hardtail" and the first link to come up was the standard with hardtail -_-

If I find a used one for sale for the right price, I'd probably snag one with a hardtail just for the convenience and being able change tunings fast

Reactions: Rad Synner
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Awex Came

May 23, 2021
Thanks for all the great info! It would be awesome to ask him what amps and gear where used on COE. That guitar tone is so unique!
CoE was a blend of mostly a Bogner Uberschall, a custom Bogner, and a Mesa Dual Rectifier. As for guitars, I think they had just gotten their Schecter endorsement, plus the producers already had some Schecters by then so I'm guessing it was largely Schecters plus whatever else they had laying around.

Denver Williams

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
CoE was a blend of mostly a Bogner Uberschall, a custom Bogner, and a Mesa Dual Rectifier. As for guitars, I think they had just gotten their Schecter endorsement, plus the producers already had some Schecters by then so I'm guessing it was largely Schecters plus whatever else they had laying aroun
Cool to know, I knew it couldnt have been just the bogner because there was a strange high mid thing going on in the mix that i could only replicate with a rectifier. How about the Self atitled Album? Im guessing just the Bogners and maybe a marshall jvm or 800

Reactions: Awex Came

Awex Came

May 23, 2021
Cool to know, I knew it couldnt have been just the bogner because there was a strange high mid thing going on in the mix that i could only replicate with a rectifier. How about the Self atitled Album? Im guessing just the Bogners and maybe a marshall jvm or 800
Here's a write up I did about the amps used on each album, with some supporting documentation

• Love
Reactions: Ed Seith