• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Getting It Off My Chest

J

Jak Angelescu

Some of you may have noticed I deactivated my social media account. And as expected, words buzzed around. I'm going to be 100000% honest with EVERY SINGLE STUDENT HERE...

Leave me alone. Stop talking about me. Why I deactivated my page, or what I'm doing, is none of your business. But since apparently people like to gossip, I'll say it anyway...

Social media has been putting a strain on my band, my life, and my friendship with Holly for many years now. When I deactivate MY PERSONAL PAGE, it's not because I'm looking for attention, or anything. It's because something serious in my life has happened that needs my attention without my inbox blowing up, people tagging me in shit, whining and crying to me on the daily about God knows what. So for those of you talking and gossiping? Shit was not right with Holly. And when I mean not right, I mean I almost fucking lost her.

Do you feel better now?
Do you feel better that gossiping about me and making fun of me for deactivating my page was because my best friend was contemplating taking her own life and almost did it? Do you feel better about judging someone on their decisions with their OWN PERSONAL LIFE???

My social media presence has fucked me up for many years and it only got worse. And it took a toll on my job, my sanity, my health, my friendship, my guitar, etc. Maybe YOU ALL can handle social media, but I can't. I'm more easily swayed, insecure, and lost and confused. I could go on, but I won't. I just had watched a documentary called The Social Dilemma that was recommended by a friend and I can't unsee things now. I'm so thankful that I didn't lose the most important person in my life. And we're both recovering from it now.

But I have an idea...
Instead of fucking GOSSIPING about people, how about you actually WRITE them and say "Hey, I heard you could be taking a break from social media for your band. That's awesome! Is everything okay? I wish you luck!"
But no. I have people that the MOMENT I said this to, they take it as an open door offer to come crying and complaining to me about everything. So I'm gonna go full bitch here but I don't care....

Leave me alone.

Don't write me here. Don't email me. Don't call me. Don't text me. I was GOING to be socially active here more and post up videos. But the MOMENT I make my presence known here, some people take that as an opportunity to infect my inbox with their bullshit.

Don't text me. Unless it's a genuine text, or I reach out to you first. Respect my privacy right now and leave me the hell alone. When you DO see me active again, it's going to be on my band page. I don't really intend to get back on my personal account for a VERY long time.

To those of you who have genuinely reached out to me, and have been a real friend, I sincerely thank you. I really do. I'm taking the lessons on here, and I've stopped my private lessons for a while.

I don't mean to be a bitch but please for the love of God...
leave me alone.

Kat the metalhead

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 20, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    Oh my god this hurts my heart so so much :cry: social media is a mess it fucked up my life up so freaking bad, so I know exactly how you and holly feel! I cannot believe people started gossiping and came crying to you for stuff!! These people have to grow up your not their mom!! You have a life and we all need breaks!! Why couldn’t have people just asked politely why your account is deactivated! This is so disgusting to me!! Please tell holly I love her so so much and that she is beyond amazing!! Wishing both of you the best!! If you 2 need anything please come to me, love u

Muz Malek

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Singapore
    www.instagram.com
    Some of you may have noticed I deactivated my social media account. And as expected, words buzzed around. I'm going to be 100000% honest with EVERY SINGLE STUDENT HERE...

Leave me alone. Stop talking about me. Why I deactivated my page, or what I'm doing, is none of your business. But since apparently people like to gossip, I'll say it anyway...

Social media has been putting a strain on my band, my life, and my friendship with Holly for many years now. When I deactivate MY PERSONAL PAGE, it's not because I'm looking for attention, or anything. It's because something serious in my life has happened that needs my attention without my inbox blowing up, people tagging me in shit, whining and crying to me on the daily about God knows what. So for those of you talking and gossiping? Shit was not right with Holly. And when I mean not right, I mean I almost fucking lost her.

Do you feel better now?
    Do you feel better that gossiping about me and making fun of me for deactivating my page was because my best friend was contemplating taking her own life and almost did it? Do you feel better about judging someone on their decisions with their OWN PERSONAL LIFE???

My social media presence has fucked me up for many years and it only got worse. And it took a toll on my job, my sanity, my health, my friendship, my guitar, etc. Maybe YOU ALL can handle social media, but I can't. I'm more easily swayed, insecure, and lost and confused. I could go on, but I won't. I just had watched a documentary called The Social Dilemma that was recommended by a friend and I can't unsee things now. I'm so thankful that I didn't lose the most important person in my life. And we're both recovering from it now.

But I have an idea...
    Instead of fucking GOSSIPING about people, how about you actually WRITE them and say "Hey, I heard you could be taking a break from social media for your band. That's awesome! Is everything okay? I wish you luck!"
    But no. I have people that the MOMENT I said this to, they take it as an open door offer to come crying and complaining to me about everything. So I'm gonna go full bitch here but I don't care....

Leave me alone.

Don't write me here. Don't email me. Don't call me. Don't text me. I was GOING to be socially active here more and post up videos. But the MOMENT I make my presence known here, some people take that as an opportunity to infect my inbox with their bullshit.

Don't text me. Unless it's a genuine text, or I reach out to you first. Respect my privacy right now and leave me the hell alone. When you DO see me active again, it's going to be on my band page. I don't really intend to get back on my personal account for a VERY long time.

To those of you who have genuinely reached out to me, and have been a real friend, I sincerely thank you. I really do. I'm taking the lessons on here, and I've stopped my private lessons for a while.

leave me alone.
    Jak, I've no proper advice for this.

But I pray & wish that things get better for you ❤️❤️❤️

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    Jak, I had no idea that you're going through all of this, and I'm sorry people can be so rude, annoying and disrespectful.
    I haven't been that active on the IG page, so I didn't know you had deleted your profile, but today I really missed you and went to look for your profile to send you a message, and then I saw it was deleted.
    I pray to God that you and Holly get better, and I hope people respect you both. Holly is a great person and deserves only good things in her life.
    From the bottom of my heart, I just wish you both the best. I love you girls. ❤

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Aightball

Garage band Groupie
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Iowa
    aightball.wordpress.com
    *hugs*

I respect anyone who takes a social media break. Sadly, in this world, people feel they have an open door into people's lives and I'm so sorry that happened to you. You have every right to take a break and not explain it to anyone. You are a wonderful person and I'm sorry people have invaded your privacy =(

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Love you, Jak. Sorry I assumed you got sent to Social Media Jail again. Honest mistake. :) If you need anything, you know how to find me, otherwise I will leave you alone, as I hope everyone else does. Best to Holly, as well.

For everyone else, I *do* want to add that anything about Syn, the SGS, etc, that you would have gone to Jak for, reach out to me or @Alicia Willis instead. Give Jak and Holly the space they need. Besides, Jak stepped away from her role here, so she was no longer the person to ask anyway. Let her be, and come at us instead. This may be exactly what's needed to help her break out of that role.

beatrix

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Sep 19, 2020
    Italy

Do you feel better now?

But I have an idea...

Leave me alone.

leave me alone.
    my god Jak. i am deeply sorry to hear this. hope things get better for you. i’m here, i support you and i miss you. love. ❤️😔

Synner Endless Summer Collection

iridecently

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Jun 5, 2020
    Groningen
    I am so sorry to read this and hope things will get better for you and Holly soon ❤️
    Social media can be such a shitfest and I honestly think you are fully within your rights telling people to just, quite frankly, fuck off. You are not anyone's psychologist, mom or even friend in most cases and even if you were that doesn't give anyone the right to unload their crap onto you.
    I wish you all the best and hope this posts (finally) makes it clear to people that this isn't the way to approach you.