• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Give me some tips

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    Translated: "I want to make crazy songs like synyster gates, where there is always a solo in every chorus, there will be hanmony with the singer's vocal mix, what are your tips?"

I'd say listen to a lot of music like that and look at their songstructure/writing. Try a few things out by using ideas you got from those songs. I can't help much with the theory, but you should probably look into intervals for harmony.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    A7X songs are complex, musically dense, and often have a LOT going on. If you're new to songwriting, start simpler, but AMBITIOUSLY and see what you can do. Most of the melodies Syn plays under the choruses are NOT directly related to the vocal melody, but they DO tie back clearly and definitively to the chords, changes, and overall key. The vocal melodies do, as well, which is why they can work together to be awesome.

You want to write like Syn, start absorbing music theory like a sponge.

Lagu-lagu A7X kompleks, padat musik, dan sering memiliki BANYAK yang terjadi. Jika Anda baru dalam menulis lagu, mulailah dengan yang lebih sederhana, tetapi dengan AMBITIUS dan lihat apa yang dapat Anda lakukan. Sebagian besar melodi yang dimainkan Syn di bawah chorus TIDAK berhubungan langsung dengan melodi vokal, tetapi mereka mengikat kembali dengan jelas dan pasti ke akord, perubahan, dan kunci keseluruhan. Melodi vokal juga demikian, itulah sebabnya mereka dapat bekerja sama untuk menjadi luar biasa.

Anda ingin menulis seperti Syn, mulai menyerap teori musik seperti spons.

Reactions: Lindsey