• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Good licks?

Zesty Rage

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Sep 27, 2020
    Michigan City, IN
    Anyone have any suggestions to some licks or phrases that would be good to practice? Over the weekend I learned a few licks and phrases. Got tired of trying to dedicate myself to just one song and just started picking things that I like to play and learned what I could over the weekend. I'll post a video later of the few bits of songs I learned. It'll probably be stupid and sloppy and sound crappy cause I dont have anything to properly record it with except my phone and amp. But my mentor told me "your first stuff won't be your best stuff so get the crap out of the way so you can start learning how to make it better" so bear with me while I learn to make it better. Also does anyone have any suggestions to a reliable DAW that isn't outrageous for someone just starting out? Any help would be appreciated.

devil'slittlesister

• Dec 13, 2020
    Massachusetts- USA
    instagram.com
    I am struggling to keep my eyes open as I am about to fall asleep- I will get back to you first thing in the morning 🤟🏻 also it might not end up being your best recording once you get some more knowledge under ur belt but I PROMISE that noooo one here will think it is stupid or crappy 🖤 and sloppy can sound sick sometimes. Ok goodnight will talk music soooon

Reactions: Zesty Rage

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Anyone have any suggestions to some licks or phrases that would be good to practice? Over the weekend I learned a few licks and phrases. Got tired of trying to dedicate myself to just one song and just started picking things that I like to play and learned what I could over the weekend. I'll post a video later of the few bits of songs I learned. It'll probably be stupid and sloppy and sound crappy cause I dont have anything to properly record it with except my phone and amp. But my mentor told me "your first stuff won't be your best stuff so get the crap out of the way so you can start learning how to make it better" so bear with me while I learn to make it better. Also does anyone have any suggestions to a reliable DAW that isn't outrageous for someone just starting out? Any help would be appreciated.
    You will most definitely start out writing bad songs before the good ones come out. You gotta figure out what doesn't work before you see what does work ....sometimes you get lucky.

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    Uhm you tried Syn's Etudes yet? Even when you can't Play them up to speed they are still very good to improve the technique that's used.

For a DAW I am using reaper. It's basicly free to Download and try out and in theory you never have to buy it, although eventually you'll want to do that. It's not that expensive either

Reactions: devil'slittlesister

Zesty Rage

• Sep 27, 2020
    Michigan City, IN
    Thank you all so much for the advice I'll definitely check out reaper I've heard good things about it. I'm pretty bummed out at the moment because the band I was supposed to be writing songs with just isn't as interested in the writing process as I am but then I thought to my self...why do I need a band to write my own music? I could always take a Marty Friedman approach to this and just write my own stuff. It's going to take a lot more time and effort than I thought but making a career out of music is something I've wanted for a while so I dont plan on slowing down anytime soon. :rock-hand: :spinning-guitar::skull:

Synner Endless Summer Collection