• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

GROOVE FAMILY CYCO by Infectious Grooves

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Love your assessment! Curious as to your thoughts on production-arrangement, tones, mix etc.

Brilliant work and thanks so much for our first member hosted class. It was first class my brother and we all sincerely appreciate it and learned a lotšŸ„‚
    Well thank you for giving me this honor and allowing me to make a bit of history for this school! I have been here from the beginning and I just love this place so it was natural for me to do this workshop and give back to this awesome community! If there is any other project that you want to have me involved in, you know how to reach me! All said and done, thank you for the trust and it really has been my absolute pleasure! :rock-hand: šŸ·

As for the album, there are a couple things I wanted to return to. I'm gonna sit down later today and listen to it through my studio speaker and really pay attention to what's going on more! I'll be back with some thoughts!

Matt Wildcat

The Fierce Deity
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    Well holy damn!! Let's put it this way, Violent and Funky is an understatement for this whole album!! I'm seriously enjoying this one, and it's so great to hear something so entirely different to what I'm used to (I don't listen to too much outside of my comfort zone, so it's great to explore!!!)! All the instruments are just insane, and yet they worked so well together. And it's crazy to think Brooks was playing this at such a young age, that's incredible! It all really goes to show that there's really no limits when it comes to creating music, you just gotta go for it! Also, that story about meeting Brooks just made my day, thank you for that! :ROFLMAO:

So here's my favourites:

- Violent and Funky. I adore that intro, the bass just blew my mind entirely (How is such a sound possible?!), and that riff is so damn catchy it'll haunt my dreams in the best way.

- Boom Boom Boom. That opening riff šŸ˜ I especially love the way it goes from the funkier verse to that sick "Boom Boom Boom!" chorus! Definitely appropriately named!

- Groove Family Cyco. I love the more "ominous" feel to it, if you could call it that. The crazy bass fills and solos are gorgeous. I think this one's probably my favourite off the album, a real headbanger! (On a weird note... It kinda reminds me of Crash Bandicoot with that bass? Is that just me?? LOL)

- Do What I Tell Ya! Okay, one specific thing I love about this song is right after the chorus, the walk-down sort of bit ending on that last note just makes me so happy and I cannot explain why. The ending is also great with the change in drums, and the lyrics are brilliant. Not gonna lie, the very last vocal cracked me up because I just wasn't expecting it :ROFLMAO:

Honourable mention for Cousin Randy too because I am dying to know how that intro guitar is done, and the instrumental section after the chorus is great. Also for Why? because that bass solo and the funky lead guitar. Basically, I really, really love this album šŸ˜

I'm so gonna have to learn the riffs for Boom Boom Boom, Groove Family Cyco and Do What I Tell Ya! immediately without hesitation because they are right down my alley and they're gonna be stuck in my head forever now! I'm so glad you recommended this album, @Syn Gates , because I have been HEAVILY inspired!! Thank you as always, can't wait to see what else you've got for us! šŸ¤˜šŸ’€šŸ¤˜šŸ”„

Rad Synner

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Montreal
    Love your assessment! Curious as to your thoughts on production-arrangement, tones, mix etc.

Brilliant work and thanks so much for our first member hosted class. It was first class my brother and we all sincerely appreciate it and learned a lotšŸ„‚
    Alright let's get into a more technical analysis:

I feel like the mix and production of this album are really good. One thing that hit me is the relationship of the kick and the bass since both of them need to have such a presence but at the same time they need to work together. And so I noticed a couple things on different songs. At the very end of ''Violent and funky'', you have this longer double bass pass and it felt a bit more ''boomy'' while when you listen to the chorus when they say ''boom boom boom'', the double kick are much clearer and in your face. Now on ''Violent and funky'', The bass was much more present and had a tone that came in in the mids a bit more while the tone of ''Boom boom boom'' was much more bassy.

To me this speaks about the dynamic between the Kick and the bass and how you have to make compromises depending on what you want to accomplish. I think that the choices made for both songs are excellent as it serves them well. And this is generally true for the entire record. The drums and bass are really well blended and that makes such a massive difference in a record. Even more when it has to groove as a lot of those feels come from those instruments!

Guitar wise, the distorted part really have that classic tone to them which I really dig. I am not too too sure but im gonna on a wild guess that they might have used Marshalls? They are both doubled and on the left and right side in the pans I don't think they move that much but again, that's generally how it is with rhythm distortion guitar. One thing I seem to notice about the clean funky guitar is that it's often on the right side. Not always but it picked my attention. Okay though small mistake that I noticed, and im sorry if it ruins your experience but at the end of ''Die Lika Pig'', the guitars aren't tightly synced and you can hear how sometimes the left one starts a bit behind the right one. Though to be fair, it hasn't bothered me at all and I just sort of feels like it fits? Adds a bit of chaos to the mix and again a proof that perfection isn't everything!

Okay one thing that Im maybe not a big fan of in the mix is the vocals because I feel like the energy and performance are there but somehow I feel like they are taken back a little bit too much and feel like sometimes they get buried by the instruments. Though it might be just how it comes out through my speakers. Like the guitars sometimes feel brighter while the vocals have lost a bit of their presence? (Describing sound can be really complicated, sorry if that doesn't make sense :ROFLMAO:) I am theorizing that it might be the Mic they used to record the vocals with that gave that result but Oh well, that's lowkey nitpicking at this point. The performance is there.

''Cousin Randy'' really stick out to me.. it has something that really feels unsettling. particluarly the outro which I LOVE. But there is something about this song that really attracts me. I just love the songwriting. And while that's a standout, i actually love the songwriting for the entire album. There aren't a lot of details on the behind the scene that I found after searching quickly but this album really feels well produce from start to finish. Like there was a real vision and it was carried through and through and none of the song felt to me like it was a filler song. The quality felt consistent and the last song really leaves it on a sweet note with the lyrics and that final little choir!

Overall I feel like this is well done through and through and the only things I thought could have been better were nitpicks. One of the first things that I learned is that the best recordings are the ones that encapsulates a moment, an emotion, a performance! Something that is gonna be unique to it's time and that if the same people who made it would try to do it again some time later, it just wouldn't be the same. And that's why I feel like this is a successful record. Emotion is there in all the instruments with the raw energy well complimented by it's talent. And the mix is really smart and makes sense as every instrument breath well and the engineer knew how to take those recordings and make them sound good together.

All and all, fantastic album!

Aquamandy

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Feb 22, 2021
    Brazil
    So, I listened to Groove Family CYCO and came back here to give my review:

This is insanely good! For me the bass lines are so memorable, but it doesn't mean the other instruments are bad. It's quite the opposite! Every instrument it's brilliantly executed and has its moment to shine, like the guitar in Boom Boom Boom.
    It's like if you isolate all of them, you would have a perfect drum solo, a perfect guitar solo and a perfect bass solo, but when they're together, you expect it to be confusing with all these elements, when in reality it isn't! The combination is even more complex and powerful, the instruments and their strong parts match pretty great with each other without stealing alone the spotlight, making you really feel the track with all the instruments and the vocals. :cool:
    Also, I really enjoyed the gang vocals, makes me want to wave my hand to the air and sing with them šŸ‘‹šŸ—£ļø

And now, some of my favorite tracks, and why I chose them:

Violent & Funky: The perfect choice for a opener track, since it makes you really want to dig into the album. I could easily sing the verse "Violent & Funky" in repeat until my neighbors start to complain šŸ™‰

Groove Family CYCO: Really honoring the fact of being the title track! This was my choice because I LOVED the intro. Powerful beat, powerful bass, powerful guitar, powerful vocals šŸ’Ŗ

Cousin Randy: For me that was the most unique track in the album, it has a heavy vibe which I liked šŸ‘ŠšŸ’„
    P.S.: I watched the clip and Brooks is barely recognizable, whoa time really flies! šŸ˜µ

Made It: A great choice for the last track! The gang vocals in the beginning are so catchy! And I really enjoyed and felt the lyric of this one in special:
    šŸŽ¶ So we're looking for a little Heaven, when we're livin' in a little Hell šŸŽ¶
    Cause at the end of the day, we all know this is true šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Well, in conclusion, Groove Family CYCO - Infectious Grooves is RAD! šŸ”„šŸ’€

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    So, I listened to Groove Family CYCO and came back here to give my review:

This is insanely good! For me the bass lines are so memorable, but it doesn't mean the other instruments are bad. It's quite the opposite! Every instrument it's brilliantly executed and has its moment to shine, like the guitar in Boom Boom Boom.
    It's like if you isolate all of them, you would have a perfect drum solo, a perfect guitar solo and a perfect bass solo, but when they're together, you expect it to be confusing with all these elements, when in reality it isn't! The combination is even more complex and powerful, the instruments and their strong parts match pretty great with each other without stealing alone the spotlight, making you really feel the track with all the instruments and the vocals. :cool:
    Also, I really enjoyed the gang vocals, makes me want to wave my hand to the air and sing with them šŸ‘‹šŸ—£ļø

And now, some of my favorite tracks, and why I chose them:

Violent & Funky: The perfect choice for a opener track, since it makes you really want to dig into the album. I could easily sing the verse "Violent & Funky" in repeat until my neighbors start to complain šŸ™‰

Groove Family CYCO: Really honoring the fact of being the title track! This was my choice because I LOVED the intro. Powerful beat, powerful bass, powerful guitar, powerful vocals šŸ’Ŗ

Cousin Randy: For me that was the most unique track in the album, it has a heavy vibe which I liked šŸ‘ŠšŸ’„
    P.S.: I watched the clip and Brooks is barely recognizable, whoa time really flies! šŸ˜µ

Made It: A great choice for the last track! The gang vocals in the beginning are so catchy! And I really enjoyed and felt the lyric of this one in special:
    šŸŽ¶ So we're looking for a little Heaven, when we're livin' in a little Hell šŸŽ¶
    Cause at the end of the day, we all know this is true šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Well, in conclusion, Groove Family CYCO - Infectious Grooves is RAD! šŸ”„šŸ’€
    I liked so much what you said about the instruments sounding perfect alone and being blended together without making everything confusing. It's true, it could be too much, but the combination between them is on point!

I wish I had listened to it a little before the last time Infectious Grooves came to Brazil, to play in a festival (by the end of 2019, if I'm correct. Not entirely sure), so I would definitely go check 'em out!

Synner Endless Summer Collection

beatrix

• Sep 19, 2020
    Italy
    :syngates:Yo Family!

This months #AOTM is a fun one. Some may say itā€™s a bit violent while others call it funky. Iā€™m of the opinion that itā€™s both.:rainbow-skull:

Groove Family Cyco is my fav record by one of my fav bands, Infectious Grooves, with my hands down fav drummer in the world, Brooks Wackerman.

When I first heard this record, I lost my mind more than any other record Iā€™d heard before. I wanted to be every single musician in this band. As a student(mere dilettante;)) of all these disciplines, I immediately wanted to be the greatest slap bassist, funk metal drummer, shredder, funk rhythm guitar master, and master of the human race in Robert Trujillo, Brooks Wackerman, Adam Siegel, Dean Pleasants, and Mike Muir.

Robertā€™s playing lead me to spend inappropriate amounts of time studying slap bass with Alexis Sklarevski at Musicians Institute in Hollywood when I shouldā€™ve been practicing guitar.

Mike founded the parent band Suicidal Tendencies and Robert was their second bassist I believe but is known as a core and influential member of the group. Dean is still in Suicidal and Adam has done work with ST as well. Infectious is considered to be an ST side project/super group.

I believe the story about the addition of Brooks is that his band Bad4Good was playing at the legendary rehearsal space, Mates, in North Hollywood at the same time as Infectious. Robert invited him to sit in after he heard a 16 yr old savant Brooks Wackerman playing some next level shit. I believe that Groove Family is a baby Brooks contribution at the ripe old age of 16 as well. Impressive work thatā€™s for sure. Itā€™s some of the tastiest, grooviest, heaviest shit Iā€™ve ever heard in my life. Brooks was invited to play in our band based off that record alone, seriously.:explode-skull:

Fav tracks-

Theyā€™re all great and have totally different grooves and vibes. For being a heavy metal funk band with the same application throughout, this album comes at you in a myriad of ways and comes off as a heavy, super fun, slow head bangin, outrageous rollercoaster ride of a record.

One small story about my first encounter with Brooks- When we were on Warped Tour in 2004, the band went out to an after party at a club in NYC. We were waiting in the back of the line when I noticed Brooks at the front about to get in. I hadnā€™t met him yet but I was hammered and felt it best not to wait to get inside to introduce myself so I started shouting lyrics to the opening track, Violent & Funky at him. So at the top of my lungs I yelled,
    ā€œYou take the pen and I'll take the sword
    You can write some shit 'til I cut your fuckin' head offā€. The bouncer immediately ran towards me and our manager frantically explained the ā€œmisunderstandingā€. Maybe Books will chime in on his perspective of the event.

Bottom line, if this record doesnā€™t make you wanna play music, NOTHING WILL:rock-hand:

Lemme know which tracks and parts stand out to you guys.

All my love,

SYN
    :syngates:
    ready to listen to it Synā¤ļøšŸ’€ NOW!!! and iā€™ll leave my thoughts in some time ā™”ļøŽā™”ļøŽ

Aquamandy

• Feb 22, 2021
    Brazil
    I liked so much what you said about the instruments sounding perfect alone and being blended together without making everything confusing. It's true, it could be too much, but the combination between them is on point!

I wish I had listened to it a little before the last time Infectious Grooves came to Brazil, to play in a festival (by the end of 2019, if I'm correct. Not entirely sure), so I would definitely go check 'em out!
    Me too! I mean, they did this wonderful album 25 years ago, so imagine their live performance after all this time gathering experience and knowledge. Must be insane! šŸ¤©šŸ™Œ
    Maybe it's time for brazilians to do what they do best and say COME TO BRAZIL to them again :ROFLMAO:šŸ‡§šŸ‡·

beatrix

• Sep 19, 2020
    Italy

This months #AOTM is a fun one. Some may say itā€™s a bit violent while others call it funky. Iā€™m of the opinion that itā€™s both.:rainbow-skull:

Groove Family Cyco is my fav record by one of my fav bands, Infectious Grooves, with my hands down fav drummer in the world, Brooks Wackerman.

When I first heard this record, I lost my mind more than any other record Iā€™d heard before. I wanted to be every single musician in this band. As a student(mere dilettante;)) of all these disciplines, I immediately wanted to be the greatest slap bassist, funk metal drummer, shredder, funk rhythm guitar master, and master of the human race in Robert Trujillo, Brooks Wackerman, Adam Siegel, Dean Pleasants, and Mike Muir.

Robertā€™s playing lead me to spend inappropriate amounts of time studying slap bass with Alexis Sklarevski at Musicians Institute in Hollywood when I shouldā€™ve been practicing guitar.

Mike founded the parent band Suicidal Tendencies and Robert was their second bassist I believe but is known as a core and influential member of the group. Dean is still in Suicidal and Adam has done work with ST as well. Infectious is considered to be an ST side project/super group.

I believe the story about the addition of Brooks is that his band Bad4Good was playing at the legendary rehearsal space, Mates, in North Hollywood at the same time as Infectious. Robert invited him to sit in after he heard a 16 yr old savant Brooks Wackerman playing some next level shit. I believe that Groove Family is a baby Brooks contribution at the ripe old age of 16 as well. Impressive work thatā€™s for sure. Itā€™s some of the tastiest, grooviest, heaviest shit Iā€™ve ever heard in my life. Brooks was invited to play in our band based off that record alone, seriously.:explode-skull:

Fav tracks-

Theyā€™re all great and have totally different grooves and vibes. For being a heavy metal funk band with the same application throughout, this album comes at you in a myriad of ways and comes off as a heavy, super fun, slow head bangin, outrageous rollercoaster ride of a record.

One small story about my first encounter with Brooks- When we were on Warped Tour in 2004, the band went out to an after party at a club in NYC. We were waiting in the back of the line when I noticed Brooks at the front about to get in. I hadnā€™t met him yet but I was hammered and felt it best not to wait to get inside to introduce myself so I started shouting lyrics to the opening track, Violent & Funky at him. So at the top of my lungs I yelled,
    You can write some shit 'til I cut your fuckin' head offā€. The bouncer immediately ran towards me and our manager frantically explained the ā€œmisunderstandingā€. Maybe Books will chime in on his perspective of the event.

Bottom line, if this record doesnā€™t make you wanna play music, NOTHING WILL:rock-hand:

All my love,

SYN
    OKAY!! LETā€™S START!!
    first song: violent and funky
    immediately loved it, from the start.
    that drum beat has blown my mind seriously šŸ¤ÆšŸ¤ÆšŸ¤ÆāœØ the chorus is just WOW, the singer has a great voice. TRULY.
    second song: boom boom boom
    can we talk about the guitar riff at the intro????
    probably this one is one of my favorite, instrumentally a masterpiece.
    third song: frustrated again
    CHAOTIC AF!! haha! just the sound i love, and that drum, that double kick...my second favorite. for sure.
    fourth song: rules go out the window
    super cool song, super catchy pace, yeah
    fifth song: GROOVE FAMILY CYCO
    takes the name of the album, THE GUITAR !!! FUCK !! what if I said this officially becomes my favorite? i'm listening to everything for the moment so decisions change šŸ˜Ž the bass, which i hadn't talked about yet, is JUST EPIC
    AAAAHHHH!!šŸ’€ Syn this album is my favorite between all the albums you recommended šŸ’€šŸ’€šŸ’€ EPIC AS FUCK.
    sixth song: Die Lika Pig (lol the name HAHAH)
    AAAAAAA youā€™re making me scream with these songs today āš”ļøāš”ļøāš”ļø wonderful start, mindblowing drum beat (iā€™m ready to learn it already šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜Ž), this song reminds me a little bit of Rage Against The Machine šŸ¤Æi love that alternative sound.
    seventh song: do what i tell ya!
    here too the bass is fantastic and that is the first thing that struck me. I'm not surprised anymore, each song is more beautiful than the other.šŸ¤”šŸ¤” not gonna lie. LOL THE END.
    eighth song: cousin randy
    yeah a good song, a little calmer than the others, and iā€™m focusing a lot on that beautiful guitar riff.šŸ„°šŸ˜ and this song seems to have a strong meaning :(
    ninth song: why?
    i donā€™t know! hahah! jokes apart, the bass is still mindblowing šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ the bassist is slapping so much!!
    tenth song: made it
    okey, last song, closing song, almost sad to finish this masterpiece :( this HAS Jazz influences!! unexpected literally!!
    LOVED IT. šŸ¤©šŸ¤©šŸ¤©

what can I say about this album? first of all, thank YOU @Syn Gates for the best recommendation ever!! you caught the perfect album this month!!! this is instrumentally a masterpiece, and i have to admit i didnā€™t know this band at all.
    youā€™re opening my mind, and if iā€™ll become a GOOD musician, itā€™ll be THANKS TO YOU!!
    youā€™re a Gem Syn!!āœØšŸ’–

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com
    youā€™re opening my mind, and if iā€™ll become a GOOD musician, itā€™ll be THANKS TO YOU!!
    youā€™re a Gem Syn!!āœØšŸ’–
    What do you mean by "if I'll become a good musician"? YOU ALREADY ARE SO AWESOME, LITTLE SYS! And, like I told you before, you are gonna be a huge successful and famous musician one day! You have the passion and the talent! Just keep doing what you're doing and you will go far! šŸ–¤

beatrix

• Sep 19, 2020
    Italy
    What do you mean by "if I'll become a good musician"? YOU ALREADY ARE SO AWESOME, LITTLE SYS! And, like I told you before, you are gonna be a huge successful and famous musician one day! You have the passion and the talent! Just keep doing what you're doing and you will go far! šŸ–¤
    AAAAAA thank you so much.šŸ„ŗā¤ļø youā€™re sweetheart, really <3 your words always mean a lot to meā¤ļøā¤šŸ˜­ youā€™re the best

ari.mac

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 16, 2020
    Italy
    True!!!!! @beatrix !! You are already amazing my dear šŸ¤©šŸ–¤šŸ–¤šŸ–¤

G

Gemma G.S.

Fav tracks-

All my love,

SYN

Alright! I was finally able to listen on my drive to and from my parents' house today, and honestly... I listened to this thing, front-to-back, twice. It's so good. Like, this might be my favorite recommendation you've given us so far - aside from 'Abbey Road', but I'm biased when it comes to that one since I've loved it for years. šŸ˜„

'Groove Family Cyco' just sort of blew me away all at once. At some points throughout, all the instruments sounded like they were playing different genres, but somehow it always worked. How the fuck did they manage that? I'd never listened to Infectious Grooves before (sorry, Brooks) but now I can 100% see myself listening to them all the time.

How can one band make me want to play literally every instrument so badly? Especially that bass - I just put brand new strings on mine, last night, and this album totally had me listening specifically to the bass lines for stuff I might be able to learn, or at least aspire to someday. SO good, dude. Robert is a stone-cold badass. Also Brooks playing like that at sixteen, are you kidding?? What a legend, man.

As for tracks that I latched onto specifically:

Violent & Funky: Of course. The opening track to any album is usually a banger. But this one is just so much fun. So dance-y, so funky (no way, wow)! From the second it started I was dancing and bopping in my seat.

Die Lika Pig: The riff in this one melted my face. There were many times while listening through this record (both go-arounds) that I involuntarily yelled 'oof!' (in my car, alone) because some parts were just too tasty. The 'Die Lika Pig' guitar riff is one of them, because gotdamn. It just gets so down and dirty.

Frustrated Again: I like this one because the group-singing gave me the concert vibes I've so been missing for the past year. šŸ„²

So yeah. Basically I fucking love this record and I'm gonna have it on as much as I can, now. Thank you so much for introducing me to this. Like you said yourself, I somehow wanted to be every single person in this band.

Thanks for another good'n. I've loved every AOTM so far, but this one has been the most inspiring for me! :explode-skull: :rock-hand:

mariposa wackerman

New Student
    Mar 20, 2020
    Well....... to know this Album introduced my drumming to the band that i now play in brings back wonderful memories, and i'm humbled by all the love here.
    The first one being that INFECTIOUS GROOVES was the first band where i felt creative freedom. A band that i was already a fan of where i rehearsed these songs obsessively before my parents drove me to my audition at MATES rehearsal studios. When i tracked this record i felt a newfound confidence with musicians that were encouraging me to be musically fearless. Everything that SYN mentioned is accurate with how it all unraveled. Robert heard me play during a break and was kind enough to ask me down for the audition. To this day we still play together and i value what i've learned(and still learn) from my Mexican friend. I owe a lot to that band and here are my memories from that period.

*recorded at the prestigious SOUND CITY, where i continued recording with BAD RELIGION and met DAVE GROHL for the first time-nice guy
    *i was addicted to snapple's kiwi strawberry drinks-i'd bring a 6 pack each day
    *the recording process was very quick and i i think i finished my tracks in 2 days
    *the famous northridge CA earthquake happen the day after i finished my last song. Had i not finished, the session would of been postponed due to all the damaged that ensued
    *We only did 1 tour in the states and Europe, due to the SUICIDAL TENDENCIES schedule.

This is the most words i've written in years.. THX everyone

brooks wackerman

Last edited:

Jamie London

GYNNER
    Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    California
    synner.com
    Well....... to know this Album introduced my drumming to the band that i now play in brings back wonderful memories, and i'm humbled by all the love here.
    The first one being that INFECTIOUS GROOVES was the first band where i felt creative freedom. A band that i was already a fan of where i rehearsed these songs obsessively before my parents drove me to my audition at MATES rehearsal studios. When i tracked this record i felt a newfound confidence with musicians that were encouraging me to be musically fearless. Everything that SYN mentioned is accurate with how it all unraveled. Robert heard me play during a break and was kind enough to ask me down for the audition. To this day we still play together and i value what i've learned(and still learn) from my Mexican friend. I owe a lot to that band and here are my memories from that period.

*recorded at the prestigious SOUND CITY, where i continued recording with BAD RELIGION and met DAVE GROHL for the first time-nice guy
    *the recording process was very quick and i i think i finished my tracks in 2 days
    *the famous northridge CA earthquake happen the day after i finished my last song. Had i not finished, the session would of been postponed due to all the damaged that ensued
    *We only did 1 tour in the states and Europe, due to the SUICIDAL TENDENCIES schedule.

brooks wackerman
    Oh damn, weā€™ve summoned Brooks! Donā€™t forget to leave your sacrificial offerings out for him fam! šŸ˜œ

Seriously though, so cool to see you on here and to get your take on this album. Definitely one of my favorites that youā€™ve ever done. Itā€™s also mind blowing to me that you were able to finish tracking THOSE DRUMS in 2 days. Absolute madness haha

Last edited:

Batbia

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 11, 2021
    Brazil

brooks wackerman
    Hey Brooks! So nice to have you here on the school šŸ¤© You absolutely rocked on this album and it's very cool to see how much you evolved over the years while developing your own style on drums šŸ‘ It's amazing to see how much of a genius you already were at 16, and that you still are a genius to this day. I am loving your videos on your YT channel and I bet they are helping so many drummers out there, my sister is a drummer and she is loving it. Keep them coming! šŸ¤˜

redlipsofdeceit

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Contest Winner!
  • Oct 21, 2020
    Brazil
    www.instagram.com

brooks wackerman
    How were you able to finish the drums for the tracks in only 2 days?! AND BY THE AGE OF 16?! Seriously, you are a genius, dude!

Thank you so much for showing up here and share this with us. šŸ¤©

But I still wanna know your vision of the story Syn told us about singing Violent & Funky out loud to get your attention outside that club... lol

Aquamandy

• Feb 22, 2021
    Brazil

brooks wackerman
    Woah Brooks, thanks for sharing this with us! So cool to hear your side and your memories about the album :love:šŸ‘

I was already impressed that you were so young when you recorded this album, now knowing that you did all of this in just 2 days, really impressive! You really are a drumming beast! šŸ”„šŸ„šŸ’Ŗ

I hope you stick into the school, and I'm with @redlipsofdeceit, I wanna know sooooo bad your version of how you and Syn met. Please consider telling us something! šŸ„ŗšŸ¤ž