• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Guild guitars?

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Im always looking for guitars I would buy if I would have the money. Since I'm getting older I started being more sensible with it and mostly look at guitar I would buy at that point in time. Now I found 4 different guitars out of which 3 are schecters and which I think are probably pretty good and one Guild.

I've rarely heard of Guild so I'm curious, are they any good?

All of these guitars are around the same price range btw.

• Love
Reactions: Jak Angelescu
J

Jak Angelescu

Im always looking for guitars I would buy if I would have the money. Since I'm getting older I started being more sensible with it and mostly look at guitar I would buy at that point in time. Now I found 4 different guitars out of which 3 are schecters and which I think are probably pretty good and one Guild.

I've rarely heard of Guild so I'm curious, are they any good?

All of these guitars are around the same price range btw.
My dad has had a Guild since 1990. Last year he bought a Taylor because his Guild started to break and crack. He ended up spending some extra money to get the Guild repaired. My personal opinion? I always picked up his Guild over his Taylor. And so does he

Reactions: idssdi

Conor Mason

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Hermitage, Pennsylvania- USA
Hey! Here's my two cents as well. Guild is an older, established brand that has gone through a few ownership changes. Fender owned them for a time and I really liked what they did back then, which is, like, the late 90's-early 00's. Like Jak said, Guilds are nice and are well known for their acoustics over electrics, but do make electric guitars. Kim Thayil from Soundgarden has used the Guild version of an SG for, pretty much, his entire career and I know Jerry Cantrell used a Guild acoustic for a while. Personally, I always shop for what I am looking for and seriously look at which instrument has the features, specs and tone/vibe I am going for vs brand. Hope that helps! Guild hasn't been my cup of tea, personally, but they make good stuff. Cheers!

Conor

Reactions: idssdi and Ed Seith